FrostFans - The Official Jeaniene Frost Fansite discussion

Book Discussions > Did anyone read Unbound Anthology yet?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB Did anyone read the UNBOUND anthology yet? I think there's going to be a Bones story in that anthology. I ordered it from Amazon, but it doesn't arrive until tomorrow for me. I'm curious what the story is going to be about...

I was wondering if it takes place while Bones is in New Orleans during DESTINED FOR AN EARLY GRAVE?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) Mine still hasn't shipped. grumble, grumble, grumble...

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 73 comments oh I didn't even hear about this... Let me know what it's about...

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 33 comments Reckoning is a prequel told through Bones's point of view, set about six months before he meets Cat in HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE. The story was inspired from a haunted tour I took in the French Quarter five years ago where I learned about the LaLauries, sadistic husband-and-wife serial killers from the 1800's. Truth is stranger than fiction, people. Read about the LaLauries here:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/lalaurie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious...

http://www.whatwasthen.com/lalaurie.html

From all accounts, the LaLauries got away with their crimes, and no one really knows what happened to them after they left New Orleans with an angry mod chasing them.

While I stared up at the LaLauries old house and listened to their history, I was hit with plot ideas: What if the LaLauries were really ghouls? What if they came back to New Orleans to continue their bloody rampage? What if Bones were hired to track them down and kill them? And what if, while Bones was hunting the LaLauries, another undead hit man was also hunting him?

Years later, Reckoning gave me the chance to answer all those questions, and more. It also let me deeper into Bones's mind than I've been before, writing him as I normally do through Cat's point of view. Getting this glimpse into Bones's mind during his bad-ass, bounty-hunting days before Cat surprised me with some of the insights I learned. Of course, Reckoning is just one of five stories, and I can honestly say I am a fan of each of the other four authors in this anthology (one of whom is my awesome critt partner, Melissa :).

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 33 comments The above came from her LJ page.

message 6: by Teryl (new)

Teryl A story from Bones'POV, how cool!

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 73 comments oh wow... I'll have to get on this... How am I ever going to catch up on anything ARGHHH... Stephanie did you read this?

message 8: by valee (new)

valee But if it is about Bones before he met Cat, is it romance at all? or just Bones and some action?

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Rose (amandarose) | 73 comments Good question. I'm going to wait and see what you guys think before I get it. Although I love Bones so much I wouldn't mind just reading about how badass he is lol

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 33 comments Amanda wrote: "oh wow... I'll have to get on this... How am I ever going to catch up on anything ARGHHH... Stephanie did you read this?"

No I have not read the Anthology, but I did read some of the stuff from her LiveJournal

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 33 comments Vale wrote: "But if it is about Bones before he met Cat, is it romance at all? or just Bones and some action?"

Probably just Bones action!

message 12: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB Thanks for the info, Stephanie! It came in the mail today for me, but it's about 6 books down on my to-read list :(

Even if it's no romance, I think it will still be good :)

message 13: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Just joined this group. No romance in the Bones story in "Unbound." Showed how he went from brown to a blond, though. Explained why he wasn't welcome in New Orleans.... it takes place just before he finds Cat, mentions how he got the lead to go there to begin with...remember that that meeting was deliberate....

I enjoyed it.

The other stories in that book, though, I didn't like. Found the book in the Horror section, too. So, that's a "tell," eh?

message 14: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (moonsanity) | 4 comments Hello everyone-- I really liked it too. I thought it would be weird without Cat, but I loved reading a story about Bones:)

Kathrynn-- it's actually the first anthology where I liked ALL the stories! So now I'm checking out the other authors.

message 15: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 49 comments When I first started readingthe book I didn't realize it was a prequel so I was fighting mad at Bones. Then I read somewhere that it took place before he met Cat and then all was cool.

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina | 13 comments I finished Reckoning. It was okay. I think I'm more of a fan of Cat and Bones, then just Bones. It was nice to be introduced to the lady that fashioned his blonde hair ... LOL.

message 17: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Sure was, Tina. Gruesome story, though, or so I thought.

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina | 13 comments Definitely gruesome!

message 19: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (facere323) I HAD to buy it. It had stories form 2 of my fave series and 2 more that I'm reading on top of that. So I bought it for the Bones story and the Kim Harrison short. I haven't read it yet, though. It'll near the top of my TBR pile, though.

message 20: by Caramelle (new)

Caramelle | 2 comments I've only read 'Reckoning' since that's the main reason why i purchased the book.
My overall thoughts on the story was that it was pretty short!! I would've liked to read more about Bones, but then again who else wouldnt want to read more about Bones!
It was directed more to the thriller side than the romance and was quite gruesome at some parts. I did like how it gave us background information on Bones that connects to the other books.
Im hoping that one of the characters in the short story makes another appearance in the series! :)