Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Book Discussions > Am I the only one? (romance obsession =D)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! romance novels! My favorite all time author, is Anita Stansfield. I love her books.
I have read a lot of LDS romance novels, But my favorite book is either Jayson Wolfe Series, or Barrington Family Saga. I also love Rachael Anne Nunes Ariana Series
~ I would love to hear any suggestive books or series of LDS romance genre~ THANKS!

message 2: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
I'm a sucker for romance :) I love it! If it isn't in a book, I tend to get bored.

When I think of some, I'll let you know of some really good romance novels! =P

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Ah!! Me too!!! You should TOTALLY look up Sariah S. Wilson. She wrote some of my favorite books (Desire of Our Hearts) and they're all about like BOM times. One's about Ammon, another Alma (the older one), and another about the daughter of Mosiah!

message 4: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments Cool...I'll look those up! Thanks

Elizabeth (Liz) (gonebananaz) | 101 comments Any time :)

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) Yay!!!
Lol!!!!! i like romance novels too!!!
Hehe.. who doesnt!?!? hmm.. i heart Meg Cabot!!

message 7: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) | 236 comments I have read some of Meg Cabot, But some I didn't like. I have read princess diaries, that's pretty good, but I haven't read anything else.

I just read "Shiver" the other day! It was SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I really like fantasy too!

message 8: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I know if it is romance, but I'm pretty sure it's written by a LDS author.

I'm so unhelpful. XD

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I know if it is romance, but I'm pretty sure it's written by a LDS author.'

Yes that one is great. I have read the two books that are out. They are definatley romance. I would recommend them. They are intriguing. A very neat topic. It's a bit sci-fi, but really good. Yes LDS author. Good book.

message 10: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Hannah wrote: "Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I know if it is romance, but I'm pretty sure it's written by a LDS ..."

HEHEHEHEHEHE. *really really really wants to read it even more now*

message 11: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I know if it is romance, but I'm pretty sure it's written by a LDS author.

I'm so unhelpful. XD"

Yes. Yes. YES.

That is my favorite book. EVER.

I have a signed copy of it and the advanced readers edition of Golden Spiral (the sequel) and I'll be reading the advanced copy of the third book once Maxy gets it. Which she does. Because her dad helps edit it.

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I know if it is romance, but I'm pretty sure it's written by a LDS ..."

DUDE. Hi woman. Didn't know you were in this group. *high fives*

UGH. I AM SO JEALOUS BECAUSE I WANT TO READ IT SO SO SO BAD AND MAXY'S DAD EDITS IT THAT IS SO FREAKING COOL *DIES*

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Hourglass is not my fav book. But I really liked it.

message 14: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I know if it is romance, but I'm p..."

Yup, I am =]

Its pretty awesome.

For my birthday party last year we went to a book signing for it then saw How to Train Your Dragon. Because that's how I roll. I'd let you borrow my copy, but you live farish away...

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments NICE!

message 16: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) Yup =]

message 17: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "Mandy [defying gravity] wrote: "I've heard the The Hourglass Door is really good....but I haven't read it...nor do I ..."

*nods at everything and smiles*

message 18: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

I love all of you :) I just wanted to mention that :)

message 19: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) I love you, too XD

message 20: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

YAY!!!!!! :D I FEEL LOVED :D

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments LOVE U 2 PEEPS! U ROCK

message 23: by Liz (new)

Liz Odle | 5 comments Anyone know of any books that are similar to historical fiction. Stuff that takes place during Book of Mormon time but includes a fictional character.

message 24: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments Sarah M. Eden is an awesome writer!!! I'm pretty sure she is LDS, but I do not know for sure. She writes amazing, clean books, and they're awesome romances :D I ABSOLUTELY love them!!!!

message 25: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments Liz wrote: "Anyone know of any books that are similar to historical fiction. Stuff that takes place during Book of Mormon time but includes a fictional character."

Do you mean like they take stories from the book of Mormon and then they fictionalize them while still keeping them true? (yes, that made sense)
Like they have one for Ammon and Esther? (yes, she is in the Old Testament, but the same concept!)

message 26: by Liz (new)

Liz Odle | 5 comments Ellen wrote: "Liz wrote: "Anyone know of any books that are similar to historical fiction. Stuff that takes place during Book of Mormon time but includes a fictional character."

Do you mean like they take stor..."

Yes that is exactally what I mean who are the authors of those books?

message 27: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (thellenator) | 143 comments I think H.B. Moore wrote 'Ammon.' At least, I think that's the one I read. And he/she probably wrote more than that.
Another author is K.C. Grant, she wrote "Abish (Daughter of God)." I haven't had the opportunity to read "Abish" yet, but it is on my list!

message 28: by Julia (new)

Julia | 109 comments I read all the fictionalized Book of Mormon books by H.B. Moore and they are all FABULOUS!!!! I really like how she stays true to the real story but adds romance. 'Abinadi' was definitely the best one :)

message 29: by Rashae (new)

Rashae I'll have to look into those.

message 30: by Rashae (new)

Rashae Huge romance fan of late. Can't have a book without it!

Okay, Sarah M. Eden is good, also Mark of Royalty and Edenbrooke. I read both of those in about a day because no matter how hard I tried, I COULD NOT PUT THEM DOWN. Both soooooooooooooo good!!!!!!

message 31: by Rashae (new)

Rashae In what time period are Anita Stansfield's books?

message 32: by Rashae (new)

Rashae Never mind, got it. :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

you guys are not the only ones with romance obsession, i have it too!! sometimes i love dystopian romance with or without a love triangle, it depends on the kind of book
one thing you don't know about me is that i was a Harry and Hermione fan and wanted them to get together, however that did'nt happen

i have not read mark of royalty or edenbrooke yet

message 34: by Rashae (new)

Rashae You should! They're good! Better then good.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 06, 2012 08:09AM) (new)

i'll definitely try those books, might look to see if it's in
our library system right now,

update, they are not, but neither are the hourglass door trilogy. i own the first one but not the second or third

message 36: by Allison (new)

Allison | 141 comments Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!! I'm writing a clean romance series:) And I purposely make the guys super cute so I can and will properly TORTURE them:):):):) *Thinks of how she is going to torture her favorite character by making him fall of a cliff the smiles* Check out Jenni James! She is writing modern retellings of all the Jane Austen stuff! It's amazing so far.

Pride & Popularity (The Jane Austen Diaries, #1) by Jenni James
Northanger Alibi (The Jane Austen Diaries, #2) by Jenni James
Persuaded (The Jane Austen Diaries, #3) by Jenni James
Emmalee (The Jane Austen Diaries, #4) by Jenni James
Mansfield Ranch (The Jane Austen Diaries, #5) by Jenni James
Sensible & Sensational (The Jane Austen Diaries, #6) by Jenni James I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE COVER US REVEALED AND IT IS RELEASED!!!! EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH I'M FANGIRLING:):):););););)XDXDXDXDXDXD!!!!!