Orthodoxy discussion

My book is published

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 15 comments My book is published as of today!!! It is named "The Phantom's Redemption" and if you liked "The Phantom of the opera' I think you will like this book. It is Christian in content.
Anne

message 2: by Seth (new)

Seth (hazelmotes) | 11 comments Mod
So who is the publisher? Is it on Amazon?

Seth

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane G Meyer (janegmeyer) | 4 comments Yes, tell us more about your book. There's very little Orthodox fiction out there--are there Orthodox elements intertwined? How long did it take you to write it? Who published it? Where can we go to find out more about it?

Blessings...
jane g meyer

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 15 comments It will be on Amazon and B&N soon. They told me at Outskirts Press( the publishers) that it can take from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks for Amazon to post it, depending on how many they have to put on their site.
It is Christian, not specifically Orthodox as this did not fit in the time area. However, I am working on a sequel now, and I plan to have St. Dimitri Klepinin in it as it takes place during WWII in Paris and the farm where my current book is.
I don't think the orthodox Church was very active in late 18th century France, where my book takes place. I could be wrong, but i think it was the Russian imigration to Paris which sparked the rise of the Church in that area.
Anne

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane G Meyer (janegmeyer) | 4 comments Anne Bernie wrote: "It will be on Amazon and B&N soon. They told me at Outskirts Press( the publishers) that it can take from 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks for Amazon to post it, depending on how many they have to put on thei..."

Anne: It sounds interesting. Do you have a website? I'd love to hear more about it... and about your writing life, etc...
I helped edit the recent book on St. Dimitri--Dimitri's Cross, written by his daughter and translated into English. What a lovely project go work on! The letters, near the end of the book, are really poignant, and beautiful.
Anyway, may God bless your efforts...
Warmly,
jane

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 15 comments Oh, Jane. How neat. I don't want to give away much of the book I am now working on, but will tell you that St.Dimitri will figure in it. I just ordered his book today on Amazon. My book is already on Barnes&noble. A friend ordered it this AM. I am SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO
excited. I had already had a rough idea about my sequel, and when I saw the book about St. Dimitri it just fit in so beautifully as my heroine is Natalia, a Russian emigree as well as Phantom's decendants.
My web page is http://www.outskirtspress.com/thephan...
Anne

message 7: by NormaCenva (new)

NormaCenva Found a really nice resource http://orthodoxfiction.com/ it is tiny but it is great to see that now there is a directory for Orthodox Christian writers, hope it will grow! I think it might be a good idea to send them infos of authors who want to be included, it can spread the word around the web pretty quickly and help to publicize the fact that Orthodox Christian authors do exist out there.

message 8: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 1 comments Thank you for letting us know!

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane G Meyer (janegmeyer) | 4 comments Wow, forgot about that Orthodox fiction page. It needs some updating, I can tell, just from re-reading my bio. I'll let the organizer know and maybe we can get some others up on it to reflect what's happening in Orthodox fiction right now.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth White (goodreadscomelizabethwhite) | 25 comments My book "Following a Sacred Path: Raising Godly Children" is scheduled for release this summer (2013) by Conciliar Press.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited May 25, 2013 11:08AM) (new)

Anne wrote: "My book is published as of today!!! It is named "The Phantom's Redemption" and if you liked "The Phantom of the opera' I think you will like this book. It is Christian in content.
Anne"

I liked the musical--the book, not so much. All the best to you, Anne. Hope you sell many copies of The Phantom's Redemption!