TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Deep Thoughts > Thoughts on Life's Balance--by Jesse

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've learned from a very early age that if you do good things, bad thngs will still happen to you.

Like when I was 5, I broke my back, helping my dog. And what do I get? A big bite on my hand.

Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

message 2: by Ruchi (new)

Ruchi (ohlookitsruchi) Alright, this might hurt some sentiments, but this is what I believe and this is probably one of my more sincere posts. No trollage intended.

Life is balance. Without the bad, you wouldn't understand the good. You wouldn't grow, you wouldn't learn. Without conflict, you'd be stagnant, mentally and physically. I don't know why people call it "fair" or "unfair". It just is, you know? Its not like somebody is sitting around with a cosmic seating chart and fixing you up so that your calculus professor is a douche.

I don't see why you must have some kind of goal or major blueprint to go through your life. Many people don't. Why are they looked down upon? Not everyone has equal intelligence. Not everyone has the same goals. If a lower class kid manages to pull himself out of his life and turn into a multi millionaire, then he suddenly wins at life, while the little girl that always wanted to be a kindergarden teacher when she grows up ends up doing just that, and nobody spares it a second thought. The thing is, everyone has different aspirations. The key word here is different- not better, not worse, just different.

You could spend your life working towards some goal. But what's the point if you really don't want that goal, and would be perfectly happy as that kindergarten teacher? Its true that not everyone has the same opportunities, but why must you blame yourself for something that someone else hasn't got? The best you can do is to try and be a good person as far as possible, and life your life as you see fit. After all, its your life.

I don't see why you need organized religion to turn towards for comfort- chances are, you probably won't find God there, if there is one. I've tried church a few times because of my mum, and it was mostly donating more money to them so that they could spread the truth and build bigger and better churches so that your ass can be air conditioned while they tell you how guilty you should feel for being human.

The fact, however, is that we are human, and everything that comes along with it (read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman- its a perfect example of what I'm trying to say)

Why do you need the prospect of going to hell to keep you from killing that annoying kid or twitard? The thing is, you don't. You really don't. You just know that it is wrong because you realize that society cannot function if you do things like that.

Which brings me to the closure- people are neither good or evil. There is no puppet master that controls every little detail of our lives.

People are just being people, and all you're obliged to do in this life is live. That is the whole point of life- persistence.

message 3: by Celine (new)

Celine (catsy2008) Bad things always happen to me.

I've been around for a bit longer, but things aren't easy either.

This is probably off topic, but I've been bullied for four years.

message 4: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 What Zepellin said.

~ EpicFroggy ~ *Loves Tweedle-Dee!* (bengali208) | 160 comments Zepellin - I'm so sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry the only church experiences you had were bad. I am, whether you believe it or not. I'm not apologizing for them, though. Because other Christians' mentality is not my concern. Just know that all churches aren't like that.

I must respectfully disagree with you. If you don't have a goal in life, there's no reason to keep living. Your life is defined, in short, but whatever goal you set your mind too. Without goals there is no purpose, and without purpose, there is no meaning, and without meaning..... you see where I'm going with this.

I don't like your use of the word "organized religion" but I can see that it's a touchy subject. What you don't understand is that Christianity in itself is not a religion. Not really. Not true Christianity. It's not a crutch to get people through hard times. My faith means so much more to me than that. My faith gives me that reason to live, that purpose, that meaning. People today are searching for something to make their lives feel worth while. And you won't find it, not until you except Christianity. I sound like a preacher, but I don't care. I truly believe that there is a God. I do. I am sorry that you didn't like your church experience. But they're not all like that. I hate that your only impression of Christianity was some guy you didn't know telling you about all your faults. The faults are there, but the preacher shouldn't have been doing that. That's not Christianity, not all of it. And Hell isn't there to scare us into being good. Hell is there... oh, heck, I'm already in. Hell is there because we are human. And we do bad things. it should make you afraid, but not of doing bad things. Refraining from killing said Twi-tards is not gonna keep you from hell. Anyone who tells you that is a big fat LIAR. End of story. So now you think, "gee now i feel better. it doesn't matter what I do, I still have to go to Hell. Great." That's the beauty of Christianity. It provides a way out of a future that's inevitable. So don't get sucked in to the "if i just do enough good things, I'm safe" cause it's a load of crap. Sorry, but those things needed to get off my chest.

No, there isn't a puppet master. But that doesn't mean someone can't voluntarily choose to be evil.

in closing I'm sorry If Í've annoyed everyone, but I don't care. I hope someone reads this and benefits from it, because than my purpose will have been served. :)