Humans With Adversity discussion

about me

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (last edited Jan 07, 2010 03:05PM) (new)

Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (miriamdaisyrose) | 3 comments Mod
i am a tween with dyslexia, adhd, and obsessive compulsive tendencies. i've had a lot of trouble with this adversity in my life, especialy with the dislexia, in 3rd grade being at a kindagarden reading level, and the adhd, with social issues. there is so much i could say about this all, but i'll just sum it up by saying: there's always going to be trouble and problems to face, and many mistakes, but i'm a lot better than i once was, and i think for the most part of overcome my adversity.

message 2: by Keren (new)

Keren Hi Mirriam,
Good to meet you. You've had a lot to face up to, a lot of adversity, and through most of your life.
I'm suffering from chronic depression, and I'm having trouble at the moment with primary sleep disorders. I have so much else in my life good, though, so today I can praise the Lord too.

message 3: by Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (last edited Sep 16, 2009 04:29PM) (new)

Belladonna (~Miriam Daisy Rose~) (miriamdaisyrose) | 3 comments Mod
:D
that's great.
and wow, i can't even imagine.

or accually, that would probably make more sence(sp?) this way:

wow, i can't even imagine.
and that's great.

or even better:

"I'm suffering from chronic depression, and I'm having trouble at the moment with primary sleep disorders. " - wow, i can't even imagine.

"I have so much else in my life good, though, so today I can praise the Lord too. " - :D that's great.

one of the people i've most looked up to in my life has deppression. she was my teacher, but left 2 years ago. she was so amaizing. she was such a unike indavigual, and she was such a real person. we became close friends, for an adult-child relationship. but it was a montessori school, or, accually, is a montessori school, so we have a lot of responsability and respect.

just so you know, i'm telling this to people on most of the groups i'm in, i'm giving up computer usage for 40 days for life, so i won't be on for over a month starting in 7 or 8 days.

message 4: by Keren (new)

Keren 40 days sounds like fasting?

I've heard of the Montessori schools, they sound like a good idea? I think main stream schools would have caused trouble for you, they need people to made from the same mould and not with dyslexia etc

Depression is very common, they reckon 1 in 4 will suffer sometime in their life. Because I talk about it with people I find that quite a number that I come across have suffered with it some time in their life, they tend to keep quiet about it otherwise. I'm due to start some new medication for my sleep problem next week, and I can't wait: its a big deal, sleep, or rather, lack of it.

message 5: by GaryT1965 (new)

GaryT1965 | 1 comments Hi everyone. I'm Gary.

I'm 54 and live in Glendale Queens, NY.

I have have major/clinical Depression and short term memory loss.

I've tried to kill myself twice in the past 5 years.

I'm currently looking for a romantic relationship with a woman in the New York area who has Depression too.

I'm extremely lonely. I have a lot of love in my heart to give to the right woman.

I'm a big fan of The Beatles and Oldies music and I really like very funny children's books.

Please visit my page to see my library.

Thanks. :-)