Terminalcoffee discussion

Viewing & Listening Pleasure: > The Dead Photos/Kevin the Self-Proclaimed Hilljack Visits a Museum (PICTURE, britches!)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments http://www.thedeadphotos.com/dead01.html

these are very funny and clever in a morbid way
(you just have to click next at bottom to advance)

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The one with the big blue balls made me laugh. Then I felt guilty for laughing.

message 3: by Heidi (last edited Aug 26, 2009 11:30AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I don't get it. :( It's not even explained on the home page. Weird. I hope the people in the pictures are not really dead.

message 4: by Morgan (last edited Aug 26, 2009 11:45AM) (new)

Morgan (neimanmarxist) | 32 comments Heidi wrote: "I don't get it. :( It's not even explained on the home page. Weird. I hope the people in the pictures are not really dead. "

I don't get it either. I don't they are really dead though, as quite a few (most, all?) are the same guy. :)

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah....don't think they are really dead. it does appear to be the same guy in most of the pics so i am guessing this is just a fun photo series and not some weekend at bernie's thing going on.

i personally think this is clever and never considered that they might really be dead

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments mildly funny is about right. not a side splitter but still humorous none the less

message 7: by Edina (new)

Edina An interesting tradition...

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments [image error]

like this photo of me in the prestigious Louve. not side splitting but mildly funny. mostly because this is what hilljacks do when in museums

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hey, i think i have those same boots on today

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) Wow. Normally I would be all for this. I am queen of anything morbid. However, I don't know, even though it's fake and pretty well done, I find it kind of offensive. I mean... I don't know, I'd be pretty upset if someone visited a concentration camp and did this, or did this in Tibet.

Maybe this is just my depression talking.

message 11: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) I saw a show on the Ovation channel about photographers. I can't remember this dudes name, but all his photos are of people posed as if they are dead. He even had a live show, which apparently, most people didn't understand. They are certainly not dead, as the lack of blood should prove.

message 12: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Like my new avatar? They are a bunch of stones from crumbling Rome. How perfect.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments well, i still think they are funny and they are obviously not dead (lack of blood or other carnage)

i have to think up a cool photo series i can start doing of myself in diff places

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24073 comments Mod
Dead link, please archive this thread.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) She went looking for a thread that was active in 2009 and pretty much buried, just to bump it to be archived.

LG makes me smile.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

No, I sometimes just read old threads. That's all! And then I want them to be filed away in the proper place.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Were you a file clerk at some point?

message 18: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

No, I just have an inner file clerk. Information clamors to be organized. When I see a book misshelved at the library or the bookstore I pull it out and either reshelve it myself, or set it on a table.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm better about putting things back at the grocery store now. My mom was big on picking things up and setting them down at other places in the store when she didn't want them. I realize that it makes extra work for the people who have to reshelve the stuff so I try to walk my happy ass back to reshelve things that I decide not to get.

Don't get me started on people who can't put shopping carts back. Thanks for that runaway cart that just hit my car, jerkoff.

message 20: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm always annoyed when I see something that needs refrigeration, like meat or cheese, that's been dumped in a nonrefrigerated section. Aaargh. Stuff like crackers I care less about.

message 21: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i want to see that picture of kevin in a museum, but it's not working.

message 22: by Barb (new)

Barb LG ... Dude.
Stop dragging up old threads just to demand they be archived or re-organized. It's driving me nuts.