The Hawk and the Wolf discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Adderley (markadderley) | 5 comments Mod
A Boy Prophet. A Warrior Queen. A Sword Out Of Legend.

Welcome to the brand-new Goodreads discussion group for my novel, "The Hawk and the Wolf."

For those of you who haven't read it--well, read it. But if you haven't yet, it's about Merlin as a boy, and how he comes to terms with the prophetic powers the gods of his people have bestowed upon him.

Some of the themes of the book include sacred violence, the culture clash between Celtic and Roman peoples, and political in-fighting as a reason for a nation's decay. There's more, of course: there's ancient legend and a warrior queen and a quest for a sword we've all heard of . . . Excalibur.

I hope you enjoy the book, and recommend it to your friends; and I hope you have plenty of questions about it. It was designed to provoke questions.

For a good analysis of the book, see the Renditions of Camelot discussion, available on my website: http://www.markadderley.net/matter-of....

Cheers,
Mark Adderley,
Author, The Hawk and the Wolf.

message 2: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 2 comments I just want to know when I'll get the sequel in book form. Heh. Great idea to start some discussion groups.

message 3: by Mark (new)

You could ask Shane Camus at Westbank Publishing. He knows everything. I, like Corporal Schultz, know nothing.

message 4: by Cameron (new)

Cameron | 2 comments ...but we all knew that.

Oh, come on, you had to see that one coming.

message 5: by Kevis (last edited Aug 29, 2009 01:39AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) Hi Mark,

Glad to see you've got your own group. I read all your posts by the way. Love the way you dissect books! Anyhow, I still need to get my hands on your book. Once I take it for a spin, I'll be able to chime in as an informed reader in this group. Looking forward to it.

message 6: by Mark (new)

Thanks, Kevis. I appreciate that! I hope things are going well with your book?