Terminalcoffee discussion

Side of the Milk Carton > How's Jackie's Camping Trip Going?/The Library Avenger battles the squirrels of doom!/The Umlaut How-To Guide

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I thought I'd share a pic Jackie sent me of her camping:

http://www.minnpost.com/client_files/...

What/how do you think Jackie's doing camping this week?

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) L O L I would say not good. A bit buggy perhaps?

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jackie's eating S'MORES! And roasting weenies! :)

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ouch.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well Washington mosquitoes are worse than Wisconsin mosquitoes I guess.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments And wearing OFF! :)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Alas, there is a golden eagle that has adopted her. It drops fish on her tent every morning. One fish fell in such a way that it slid between her ground cover and her tent, and she didn't find it for over twenty four hours. When she returns, we will have a smell-off between her tent and RA's sleeping bag.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm busy that day.

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) That is why when I go camping I stay at the Lodge.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments And in the tree she is trying to talk with a squirrel. She's saying, "Hi, squirrel, I hope you don't mind me taking up some of your space. Thanks for sharing."

But the squirrel hates her.

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) How could the squirrel possibly hate her? Now your fantasy went too far, RA.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No, no, Larry. The squirrel thinks she's a total bitch for moving into her tree.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Squirrels always have a plan. That's why they're so busy.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments This one's plan involves world domination. Only Jackie can stop him.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah Pi wrote: "This one's plan involves world domination. Only Jackie can stop him."

Out steps SUPER LIBRARIAN!

message 17: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) In a war with squirrels, humans would lose.

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's just nuts, Stephen.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Nuts, I say.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh.

message 21: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Has anyone ever successfully prevented a squirrel from eating the bird food? Have you ever heard of such a thing in all the heavens or the earth? I think not.

AND they have spies everywhere.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i have too. i think you have to pile up all kinds of acorns and nuts around the bird feeder to distract them AND play old mono records of Herb Alpert through loud speakers. they hate that

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Is that how the Library Avenger is going to save the world? By playing old mono records of Herb Alpert through loudspeakers?

message 24: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) It's all lies, I tell you! The squirrels cannot be stopped. They will hang upside down from the tiniest branch of an apple tree and feed, there is no end to their depredations, or skills. Whew. Laser Squirrels really scared me.

message 25: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Herb Alpert might work. I feel so much safer now, since my father had a complete set of Herb Alpert LPs. Safe at last!

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Just pray that the squirrels don't know the Library Avenger's secret weakness: chocolate.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) One of these worked pretty well for me.

message 28: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jackie puts on her jet pack and flies off to think about squirrels and to make sure her family doesn't discover her secret identity...she lands behind her husband, who turns and says, "where have you been?"

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Jackie says, "What?"

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments oh sure larry. a squirrel baffle. we all know that. we were looking for creative ways to baffle the squirrels. i mean a flame thrower works too if you don't mind the burning hair smell. wait...we just want to baffle them right?

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) How about a Rubik's Cube?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah Pi wrote: "Just pray that the squirrels don't know the Library Avenger's secret weakness: chocolate. "

Well they didn't until the internet surfing group came upon your post.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments What if they use it against her?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "How about a Rubik's Cube?"

or a level 5 sudoku.

message 35: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sure, they're laughing now

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Slowly I turned...

message 38: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) RandomAnthony, what is her secret identity? And Larry, LOL

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Stephen wrote: "RandomAnthony, what is her secret identity? And Larry, LOL"

Jackie. Duh. :)

message 40: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) But...Heidi if her secret identity is who she actually is, then where is the secret? Oh, I'm so confused.

message 41: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Because The Library Avenger has to fool people into thinking she's just plain old Jackie, even though it's easy to see through this facade because there's nothing "plain old" about our Jackie. :)

message 42: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) I am humbled. Is there a ritual I have to perform? Or are the librarians appeased?

message 43: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments And no late returns for 8 months!

message 44: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) I will do it. Only one book? I usually come away with a trunk load of books, and then have to wonder "what am I going to do with all these books." I keep the used bookstore busy.

message 45: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) 8 months? Then how am I supposed to be able to finish those uber long novels.

message 46: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 26, 2009 10:41AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments It's the glasses. When she takes off the glasses she wears (for secret identity purposes only) and replaces them with her special superhero glasses, she's a totally different looking person. Just like Superman.

message 47: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) Now I understand. That is pürfekt
ü Alt/129
ä Alt/132
Ä Alt/142
ö Alt/148
Ö Alt/153
Ü Alt/154
ë Alt/137

message 48: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (stephenT) King, sorry you're sick. It does sück.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephen wrote: "Now I understand. That is pürfekt
ü Alt/129
ä Alt/132
Ä Alt/142
ö Alt/148
Ö Alt/153
Ü Alt/154
ë Alt/137"

Now are you going to explain it to me?

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Never mind I just figured it out.