Psychological Thrillers discussion

BOTM Past to Present > JULY 2019 BOTM........THE CORNFIELD..By Mike Peters

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 1136 comments Mod
True Story,,,,,

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 295 comments I attended the summer session at the university in Greeley back in 1962 to improve my sub-standard GPA. And I must say that Greeley was a special place, for a kid from Michigan. Like feed lots . . . on both ends of town. Hello. So no matter which way the wind blowed it hit us full on . . . day and night. Most exciting were forays to Estes Park and Denver. Woo-Hoo! The BOTM post is open at http://botm.blackdogebooks.com/

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 295 comments Not even mentioning the 3.2 beer. And they still drink that. Coors, too. Whaddaya gonna do?

message 4: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Folks, what Jim is saying is that in Greeley, its a lot of poo-poo smell, and you can smell Greeley before you get into that town...Its like standing in the middle of a Cattle Call.

message 5: by Adam (new)

Adam James | 36 comments And there's a lot more to it than that. It's a beautiful little town with lots of huge trees. And the university is pretty cool, too.

message 6: by stephanie, MOD (new)

WELL NOW THE FIRST SECTION OF THIS BOOK IS ABOUT A FEMALE WHO CAME UP MISSING WHILE WORKING THE MIDNIGHT SHIFT AT THE 7-11 STORE. I WONDER IF THIS IS ONE REASON WHY there seems to be a 2 man team now. It use to be that the stores were getting robbed left and right, now they are on timers which is good, but to wait 10 minutes for a 20.00 bill is beyond me. Folks, what do you thinking of a female working midnight at stores like these?

message 7: by Anne (w/ an E) (last edited Jul 03, 2019 07:52PM) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 99 comments I know I wouldn't want to do it without a gun and/or a well-trained guard dog. [and not a dog like my little Rat Terrier!]

message 8: by stephanie, MOD (new)

I think that the robbing and killing at these types of stores ( Circle K ) and many others have slowed down, but to have just a single woman working at the late hours and wee hours in the morning. In this case, she went out to just smoke, and didn't return. So now that we have laws on where to smoke outside, what do you think what would happen now to women? It's always women, where are the women who snatch men?

message 9: by Jim (last edited Jul 08, 2019 01:13PM) (new)

Jim Crocker | 295 comments Well there was a woman in Florida, Aileen Wuornos, who successfully snatched and murdered seven dudes. The 2003 movie Monster, staring Charlize Theron as Wuornos, was pretty chilling.

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileen_...
** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster...

message 10: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Jim, this book had nothing to do with the movie Monster. If you have read this book, you will know that its about the 7-11 stores, actually any of those types of stores.
Folks, after numerous folks were going to the store past midnight and didn't see the cashier, then they knew something was up. So a smart person called the Cops.

message 11: by stephanie, MOD (new)

So as we are into the mid month, I guess everyone has read this book, so it can be discussed. So I guess I will talk to myself. So as the body is found, the detectives start asking questions about 2 brothers who were in Prison in another state, then came to Greeley, and hung around, then left again. But there was 1 person who hung around and DNA was brought up and BOOM, the case opens wide for Greeley Colorado

message 12: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 196 comments Stephanie, this book sounds really good. I will do my best to read this book and join the discussion.

message 13: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Well Jimmie, it is pretty good. Keeps you guessing on who actually did this. It also shows just how folks get nabbed for a crime that they may not have done.

message 14: by stephanie, MOD (new)

Well, I seem to be the only one liking this book, and was quite interesting on how they were after the brothers with NO DNA. It has been a great read, and hope that when you have a chance, you can ick this book up down the way and dive into it...
Now on to the next read.....