Global Warming and Animal Rights discussion

Earth and Animal TV Shows > Earth and Animal TV Shows

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Here we can post about TV shows that we have watched about being green, the earth and animals.

message 2: by Kayla (last edited Sep 14, 2009 07:15PM) (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
A great Earth show is Planet In Parel, Jeff Corwin co hosts the show, and it talks about the pollution in China and the black market illegal animal trading.

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Also, National Geographic if great to. I watched a show the other day on the everglades and the destruction and pollution that is happening to it.
Quick fact...
Did you know that the everglades in Florida are tilted the so that the water goes out to see, and that the everglades are actually under layer after layer of lime stone. that formed after the last ice age?
Here is a web site I just found with more information on it, it is very interesting.

Everglades National Park

message 4: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 79 comments Interesting, Mattie. Thanks for that info. :-)

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Hey everyone guess what? There is going to be a new show coming out in theaters on Earth day. It is called Oceans. :-)

message 6: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 79 comments Yes, that looks like another good one. Can't wait. Earth day is April 22!

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Yep I can't wait to go see it.

Soph - Lock&Key yea I hope it creats more awareness

message 9: by Kayla (last edited Jun 03, 2010 05:34PM) (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
When we went to go see it at the theaters, there was an advertisement for next years Earth day. It was advertising that there is going to be a Big Cats in Africa (something to that affect) movie coming out.

It looked interesting too. :-)

message 10: by Kayla (last edited Jun 10, 2010 07:53PM) (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Recently on Animal Planet, they have been airing a new show called, "Animal Planet investigates: Petland."

In the show The Human Society of the United States is hiring undercover agents that are trying to capture video footage of the puppy mills that supply Petland their puppies. There are even owners that go on the show and talk about their newly adopted--sickly--puppies.

They showed one owner that bought a small dog for her daughter's birthday. She said that because the dog cost $1,300 she believed it would be healthy. It turned out the dog had pneumonia and her lungs were full of liquid.

It is great to see that people are finally realizing where these big pet stores like Petland are getting their animals. Hopefully, someday there will no longer be anymore puppy mills. Anywhere.

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments ✿Mattie✿Mosspelt✿ wrote: "Recently on Animal Planet, they have been airing a new show called, "Animal Planet investigates: Petland."

In the show The Human Society of the United States is hiring undercover agents that are..."

That's sad about the puppy

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Yeah...they never said if he lived or not.... :-(

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments :( that's so sad

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
No I didn't see it, I will look for it though.... :-)

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments I didn't get a chance to, I will look it up on netlix

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
We have Blockbuster, but we were thinking about switching over to Netflix. Are they good?

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments Yeah and if you have they will send you a free disc that puts Netflix on wii the wii version. Doesnt have all the movies but when u order a movie it comes the next day.you can also get an app on ur itouch iPhone or iPad

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Cool! Blockbuster has been taking a really long time to send us are movies and they keep coming in either broken or severally scratched up....or both....

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments ✿Mattie✿Mosspelt✿ wrote: "Cool! Blockbuster has been taking a really long time to send us are movies and they keep coming in either broken or severally scratched up....or both...."

I know! When we had blockbuster that happened to us too

message 20: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Neat I will tell my Mom that. :-)

message 22: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
That new Earth day movie, Africa's Cats, has come and gone. We didn't get to see it in theaters. Did anyone else?

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
I can't wait until July 15! That's when Deathly Hallows part 2 comes out. :-)

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments Ikr I'm so excited

message 26: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
Me too! :-)

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
We saw Deathly Hallows last night. It was great! :-) Have you seen it yet Lexphie?

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments nooo! I NEED TO!!!! we are in a place with like no MOVIE THEATERS!!!! grr! I have to see it when we get back!!

message 30: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 146 comments Mod
I feel for you. :) It was sooo awesome. :-)

Lexphie (The Animal Lover) | 63 comments Haha im sure it is