Ink in My Veins discussion

Random Stuff > Newbee here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Hello All -I have just found Good Reads and am new here. Here's a little about me:

I am the author of Megan's Way, a work of literary fiction, and the Founder of The Women's Nest, a social and support site for women (sorry guys!). Along with our forums, blogs, and free medical and financial advice, we also host a book club w/author chats! I'd love to chat with other authors who are willing to chat on-line with book clubs.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Melissa

message 2: by Niki (new)

Niki Welcome to the group, Melissa! What's your book about?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Thanks for asking, Holly the Great and Powerful Empress!! LOL!

Here's a brief synopsis (from my back cover):

What would you give up for the people you love?

When Megan Taylor, a single mother and artist, receives the shocking news that her cancer has returned, she'll be faced with the most difficult decision she's ever had to make. She'll endure an emotional journey, questioning her own moral and ethical values, and the decisions she'd made long ago. The love she has for her daughter, Olivia, and her closest friends, will be stretched and frayed.

Meanwhile, fourteen-year-old Olivia's world is falling apart right before her eyes, and there's nothing she can do about it. She finds herself acting in ways she cannot even begin to understand. When her internal struggles turn to dangerous behavior, her life will hang in the balance.

Megan's closest friends are caught in a tangled web of deceit. Each must figure out how, and if, they can expose their secrets, or forever be haunted by their pasts.

FYI - I'm doing a blog tour starting Sept. 4th, and a few of the hosts are giving away copies! Details on my website: Megan's Way

message 4: by Niki (new)

Niki Wow. That sounds really good! Do you think it'd be available at a library?

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Not yet. I have sent a review copy for the association, and hope to hear back before too long. Although I have donated one to the library in Eastham, Mass :-)

message 6: by Niki (new)

Niki Oh well. The library doesn't like me much, anyway. I always *forget* to give them back their books. For some reason, they usually frown on that type of thing.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments We are late retuners, too :-) I think those who love to read hate to return books in general :-)
Thank you for the kind welcome!

message 8: by Niki (new)

Niki Yay for late returners! And it's always great when the new members of the group actually participate!

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Yeah, I run a board and I love newbees! LOL! It's fun to get involved and meet new people!

message 10: by Niki (new)

Niki Most definitely. Especially when those new people are published authors and can give you tips. *winks*

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments OMG - finally someone who "gets" it! There is so much to writing and getting to know your craft - I was thrilled when I found this board!

message 12: by Niki (new)

Niki Maybe you can help us get some of the threads back on topic. Haha.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments I'm a gabber - I hope I don't cause more OT posts! LOL!

message 14: by Niki (new)

Niki OT posts are our thing. You'll fit right in!

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments I'm signing off soon b/c I'm whipped, but I will def be back tomorrow. I just posted in your We're Dying thread :-) and I'll say it again - it's terribly hard to keep forums alive and active - Thanks for all of your hard work and even if you have just a few regular posters, you're doing a great service!!

message 16: by Niki (last edited Aug 25, 2009 08:27PM) (new)

Niki Thank you, I like to think so ; ). I look forward to talking to you again!

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Thanks, me, too! I'm signing off now - I'll be on tomorrow! Thank you again for such a wonderful welcome!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

wow! Melissa and her book sound cool!

message 19: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

♫Krista♫ (kristabobista) | 1754 comments Mod
I feel a little late, but welcome! It's so cool to have a published author here (like Holly said already). Hope you enjoy Goodreads!

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Hi ladies! Thanks for the great welcome:-)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

your welcome! its nice to have another published person in the group! (who actually comments.)

message 22: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

Mmhm!!!!!

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments I'm happy to post when I have time! Thanks!

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments Hi Melissa! Nice to meet you. ^_^ Welcome to the group.

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Thank you! I look forward to getting to know everyone!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

just wondering....when you were younger did u enjoy reading? a lot?

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments OMG - I would climb a tree and read for hours! LOL! Totally love reading!

Hey, I don't want to spam anyone but am very excited - I had a great interview with Bella Online's Women's Lit Editor - Can I post the link somewhere for people to read? Also, I need FRIENDS! LOL! My friends block is lonely!

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments I found an event link on my page! Yeah!! I'll figure this site out sometime! LOL!

message 29: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 292 comments Melissa wrote: "OMG - I would climb a tree and read for hours! LOL! Totally love reading!

Hey, I don't want to spam anyone but am very excited - I had a great interview with Bella Online's Women's Lit Editor - C..."

I know this is a little late of a welcome... but welcome Melissa!

message 30: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

Melissa wrote: "OMG - I would climb a tree and read for hours! LOL! Totally love reading!

Hey, I don't want to spam anyone but am very excited - I had a great interview with Bella Online's Women's Lit Editor - C..."

Just sent a friend request!

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Thanks for the welcome! And thanks for friending me!! BTW, since when if "friend" a verb? Hello Y2K!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

ya i'll send a request soon too.

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Thanks!

message 34: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Ladies, I promise to be back and post, but I'm swamped - I just had an interview w/our local paper and their photog came (hate pics!!) - and I scheduled a book signing! Yea!! But I have to go do my "real work" now - urgh - so I'll be back later or tomorrow!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

mm...ur book must be getting a lot of attention! thats great!

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments I'm pushing it:-)

message 37: by Perla (new)

Perla hello ppls

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

hello!!

message 39: by Perla (new)

Perla hi

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Hi!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

hola

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments Hi, everyone. I'm new to this club. Feel free to say hi anytime.

message 43: by Niki (new)

Niki HI!

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Foster (melissa_foster) | 21 comments Hi Noel!

message 45: by Maryam. (new)

Maryam. | 199 comments Hello!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

ello

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

hiya noel!

message 48: by Niki (new)

Niki I knows Noel from school.

message 49: by ♫Krista♫, the Great and Powerful Empress of Silliness :P (new)

Ciao!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

cool beans!