The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello everyone!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Lieber | 2 comments I'm the new kid on the block -- just getting my feet wet -- and I stumbled upon this group by accident. Love what I've seen so far!

I am (ahem, hope I'm not breaking any rules already!) a Goodreads author, but an avid reader too. When I'm not writing, I've got my nose in a book, so I'm looking forward to discovering some good ones here.

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Aug 25, 2009 05:45PM) (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments HI Mike, thanks for introducing yourself! I live in Texas, have a good husband and two sons, love horses, and am an Author also. You can click on to my photo to read more if you wish.
Isn't it just wonderful to discover this place, and that so many people still like to read books!
:) Sharon

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments Welcome to the party, Mike! You'll soon be overwhelmed with books from all the great suggestions you'll see here.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Mike!

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10022 comments Mod
Aha! Since you alluded to rule breaking, I have to assume that means you took time to read the rules :)

You are fine to mention you are a writer. And thank you for participating actively within the group. We look forward to seeing in you in the threads.

message 6: by Mike (new)

Mike Lieber | 2 comments Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I've already started asking people to follow me to Goodreads; it is by far the best reader (and author) site I have found. And I have only begun to explore the robust features. As to the rules -- well, I confess to a cursory read only, confident that the veterans will keep me in line!

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 210 comments Hi, Mike. Welcome to the group :)

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol Mike wrote: "Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I've already started asking people to follow me to Goodreads; it is by far the best reader (and author) site I have found. And I have only begun to explore the rob..."

oh yeah. Otherwise it would be hard to corral over 5,000 members. I am a newbie also and our moderator does a great job. So welcome to the herd.

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Well, Mike, so long as you get to know us and post around here, you will have nothing to worry about. It's a fun, friendly atmosphere and we are generally laid back and easy to get along with :)

Welcome again!

message 10: by Eva (new)

Eva Etzioni-Halevy | 9 comments Hi Lori, Hello new friends,

My name is Eva Etzioni-Halevy,I am an author, too, but first-off a person. I love to read, but between writing and promoting my books there is so little time left. I admire those who seem to read a new book every few days!

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Hi Eva. Welcome to the group... I like how you put that "first-off a person"

:)

message 12: by Eva (new)

Eva Etzioni-Halevy | 9 comments Thank you Lori, and I like how you run the group!

Eva

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) Welcome to Eva and Mike. This is a great group with lots of cool people. And Lori does a great job of keeping us organized. I look forward to your thoughts and getting to know you.

message 14: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

thank you both :)

message 15: by Eva (new)

Eva Etzioni-Halevy | 9 comments Hi Lyn,

Thank you for your welcome. Have got tons of thoughts as does everyone, but have to find out more about the group to decide what might interest them.