TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Anti Twilight Rants/Stuff > Smeyer's gone too far

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 1 comments I already hated Twilight and now she wants to use music by Fatboy Slim (one of my favourites) in the new moon soundtrack! http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_play...
She even called it "Generic action-scene music". This is an insult to FBS.

message 2: by Shakhi (new)

Shakhi (duude) | 75 comments Gah, shes ruined most other bands out there as well.
Most Muse and Paramore fans can't stand the whole twilight thing.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i cant stand twilight... (obviously) and im just glad she isnt using anything from AC DC, pink floyd, kid rock, or queen... XD

message 4: by Miles (new)

Miles | 6 comments Being a metal fan, this is one thing I don't think I have to worry about.

message 5: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments She also might ruin Evanescence. Anyone heard of em? Well, you will soon.

message 6: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Paramore was already all over the place when Twilight came out. Wasn't that girl all, "OMG I LOVE TWILIGHT I WROTE THESE SONGS ABOUT BELLA AND EDWARD CAN I BE ON THE SOUNDTRACK PLZ"?

message 7: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Ummm, in a sense, yes.

message 8: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Anyway those are just her own made-up playlists...if you look at the one for the first book and the actual soundtrack for the movie, you'll see the only thing they have in common is that Muse is on there; a lot of her taste in music seems to be pretty awful anyway. Bad enough I have to hear Linkin Park in all the Transformers trailers; I don't want more of that trash.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

... and this is why i prefer to listen to older bands...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

that every other 12 year old at my school chooses to ignore...

message 11: by AA (last edited Aug 25, 2009 08:15PM) (new)

AA | 1397 comments True... But I mean, I used to be a Paramore fan waaaaaay before Twilight. Now all the freaking time I meet Twitards who know NOTHING about the band and claim to be freaking "The Ultimate Fan" For example, .when I was talking to my sisters' friend.

Me: So, who's your favorite band?
Her: Uhh, that one band from Twilight? You know?
Me: *sigh* Yes, Paramore.
Her: Yeah.
Me: So what's your favorite song from them?
Her: Uhhh, that one in Twilight...
Me: -_- Oh.

So as you can tell, I'm really really scared of SM using Evanescence in her movie, because I don't want that to happen with Evanescence. They're my favorite band.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

eap!
*crosses fingers* please leave pink floyd alone, please leave pink floyd alone...

message 13: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) EyesOnFire wrote: "True... But I mean, I used to be a Paramore fan waaaaaay before Twilight. Now all the freaking time I meet Twitards who know NOTHING about the band and claim to be freaking "The Ultimate Fan" For e..."

THEY'RE USING EVANESCENCE!? *SCREAMS AND PULLS OUT HAIR*
Does she seriously like ruining music for people?

message 14: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Yes, I know exactly how you feel!!!! I died a little inside when I found out that My Immortal and Going Under might be used in the freaking movie.

MY IMMORTAL ISN'T ABOUT VAMPIRES, DAMN IT!!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

apparently so

message 16: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Yes, but the thing is this: the people who start listening to their more popular songs might get listen to more and more of their old songs and might at least know SOMETHING about Evanescence. But with the Twitards, you can't even count on them to know the damn name of the song!! *as seen above*

message 17: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 OHMYGOD!!!!!!! *brains explode*
SHE'S USING EVANESCENCE!!!!??? WHY GOD WHYYYYYYY????????
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHATHEHELL DOES EVANESCENCE HAVE TO DO WITH SPARKLY FREAKS?!?!?!

message 18: by AA (last edited Aug 25, 2009 09:02PM) (new)

AA | 1397 comments My.Immortal.

Think about it. Vamps = Never Dieing creatures.

The song = Sad, about how you lost someone (I think Amy said it was about losing her sister or something like that - I can't remember at the moment).

What happens in New Moon?

But I still understand what you're trying to get across.... Evanescence wasn't created to be liked by sparkly vampire worshiping freaks.

message 19: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 EyesOnFire wrote: "My.Immortal.

Think about it. Vamps = Never Dieing creatures.

The song = Sad, about how you lost someone (I think Amy said it was about losing her sister or something like that - I can't rem..."

Whatever, the book showed how sad bella was alright:
-she left TEN pages blank
-She lied on the ground in the forest
-she was hallucinating

Oh BRILLIANT. That really expresed the sadness allright.
And that has to do with awesome-emo-Evanescence?? Sigh, its such an insult!

message 20: by Simona-- (last edited Aug 25, 2009 11:34PM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments If. she. puts. the. beatles. on. there. i.will.die

Although, the beatles are prolly safe :) Not very twilight-ish.
Blackbird was genius! And, no offence to them, but they are kind of old so I don't think they'll even care about twilight. *happy flail*

message 21: by Monique (new)

Monique | 98 comments I love Muse which is why I can't understand why they let them use their music on the soundtrack...but that song was the best part of the whole rotten movie.

I don't like Paramore, but then I did not like them before the movie came out either...

message 22: by Monique (new)

Monique | 98 comments I also don't like Evanescence...that song in Daredevil was what turned me off them in the first place..

message 23: by Monique (new)

Monique | 98 comments Nellie-la Holmes wrote: "eap!
*crosses fingers* please leave pink floyd alone, please leave pink floyd alone..."

I love Pink Floyd and the Beatles too

message 24: by Monique (new)

Monique | 98 comments Rose wrote: "Well I think Linkin Park is awesome, I'm just very pissed that they let her use Shadow Of A Day on the soundtrack. Luckily there are bands that I like MUCH better than LP that I know they'll never ..."

Your taste in music is awesome! I like you even more now!!

message 25: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments XD which is why me and victoria talk music while me and you talk books.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

They destroyed Paramore's reputation.....*Shudder* Decode was so bad!

message 27: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Hey! I actually think Decode was pretty decent. I mean, when you get past the fact that it was for Twilight... Now their other song, I Caught Myself, wasn't really good...

But still, Paramore can never be the same after Twilight. IMO, old Paramore is still waaaay better.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah! No offence, but I dont like Ignorance

message 29: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments I think it's ok.

What's you favorite song from them? I LOVE Let The Flames Begin.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, I like Fences and Misery Business

message 31: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments Anti Twilight conversation= music?
WIN!

Don't destroy me, but I'm listening to Big Girl Now by NKOTB feat Lady Gaga.
XP

message 32: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments XD lol it's ok!

Fences is pretty awesome. :D

Who's NKOTB?

Geneva * YukiAoi :3* (ggpet) ARGH She's using Evanescence I love them, and paramore their both awesome bands *bangs head on table* why is she doing this, this makes me hate her more.

message 34: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments EyesOnFire wrote: "XD lol it's ok!

Fences is pretty awesome. :D

Who's NKOTB?"

NKOTB= New Kids On The Block. lol
OMG Sisi, you are FAIL at staying on topic (please excuse my crap LOLspeak)

message 35: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 oh HOLY SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApDDtI...

The new moon soundtrack!
Crap!

Geneva * YukiAoi :3* (ggpet) I agree with the crapiness of it >_<

message 37: by Casey (new)

Casey EyesOnFire wrote: "Yes, I know exactly how you feel!!!! I died a little inside when I found out that My Immortal and Going Under might be used in the freaking movie.

MY IMMORTAL ISN'T ABOUT VAMPIRES, DAMN IT!!!! "

WHAT?!?!?!?!??!?! THE TWITARDS ARE USING EVANESCENCE?!?!

message 38: by Casey (new)

Casey Ain020596 wrote: "oh HOLY SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApDDtI...

The new moon soundtrack!
Crap!"

*sighs happily*
Good, they arent

message 39: by ŠµÑñ¥ (new)

ŠµÑñ¥ Wå§ê (z3als3c0ndlastyp0) | 3 comments The bad thing about bands in movies ESPECIALLY Twilight is well let me explaing this whith a "pleasant" (yeah right) conversation i had with my friend:
Before Twilight-
Me:So you like Paramore? I think their music is pretty cool.
Her: No way yuck
Me: You should listen to their music sometime. It's pretty good
Her: NEVER will I listen to them!!
After Twilight-
Her: OMG!!! I love Paramore!!!
Me: A few months ago you hated them
Her: But theyre sooo awesome!!! They were in Twilight!!!!
Me: So! Just because their in stupid Twilight you like their music!?!?
Her: TWILIGHT IS NOT STUPID!!! No the way they used the song in the movie made me realize how good it was!
Me: Wasn't it in the credits?
Her:Whatever.

message 40: by Madeline (last edited Oct 19, 2009 03:43PM) (new)

Madeline (madelinemoghimi) lol soooo true if anything is mentioned in twilight it is sooooo AWESOME acording to the fans

message 41: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments I know I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it!!!! BUT Thankfully, after checking out the New Moon playlist, I found out that Evanescence ISN'T going to be in the playlist!!! YAY!!!!!

message 42: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments O...M...G
>.<
The Killers are on the list!! Not my precious Killers!!!! NOOOO!! *cries*

message 43: by Luna (new)

Luna | 871 comments UGH I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME AND MY FRIEND HEARD ABOUTH THAT A WHILE AGO AND WE WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 44: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments When I told Rose about it, she panicked, but when I told her the song, she said she didn't care because she didn't know that song. Eh. I'm just glad none of my favorite bands are on there anymore.

message 45: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments Yes, yes, whateva, but the points are:
1. The band itself has just been degraded.
2. I listened to the song, and it's pretty good! :(( I think it's just the Killers epic AWESOME that makes the song good, because you can tell they're talking about Twilight. :_(

message 46: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 Yeah, all the songs there are kinda crappy.

message 47: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments True...