Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 580 (580 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments If you're all for Peeta please post why!

message 2: by Summer (last edited Aug 25, 2009 02:48PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments You're nutz! I can say that opposites attract but so do similarities. No convienence involved between Katniss and Gale. In fact they're in the middle of a rather tumultuous relationship at the moment.

message 3: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 119 comments Mod
Yay Peeta! I like Peeta better than Gale, but I think that Gale is better for Katniss.

message 4: by Whitney (last edited Aug 25, 2009 03:45PM) (new)

Whitney | 13 comments I don't think that she can end up with anyone but Peeta. It'd be so hard for Katniss to relate with Gale after what she'd been through! Besides whose even thought twice about Gale this whole time? It's just a Edward vs. Jacob thing and Bella went with Edward. And I think that Peeta is the equivalent to Edward. He was there the whole time. While Gale was there ten percent of the time, like Jacob. And Peeta was there for Katniss one hundred percent!

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments Summer wrote: "You're nutz! I can say that opposites attract but so do similarities. No convienence involved between Katniss and Gale. In fact they're in the middle of a rather tumultuous relationship at the mome..."
Summer, Summer, Summer, you know that I'm right but you wont' admit it...think about it...Gale came to her mind at the end. She had hardly thought about him throughout the games. Katniss only thought that she needed to survive for Prim, her mom and Peeta.

message 6: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments I look at it like actors. Some times they choose an actor because they understand, but sometimes they choose someone who's normal because they help them get away. Gale watched the whole thing by the way.

message 7: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Whitney wrote: "Summer wrote: "You're nutz! I can say that opposites attract but so do similarities. No convienence involved between Katniss and Gale. In fact they're in the middle of a rather tumultuous relations..."

She *did* only need to survive for them. None of those three can fend for themselves. Gale is tough. He can fend for himself.

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Whitney wrote: "Summer wrote: "You're nutz! I can say that opposites attract but so do similarities. No convienence involved between Katniss and Gale. In fact they're in the middle of a rather tumultuous relations..."

She did think about Gale though! How watching tortured him. And what he thought about the relationship with Gale. Arg! We're both sooooooo stuborn. This will never work.

message 9: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments i dont need reasons. PEETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But i do think him and katniss go way back...
and he's just sooo sweet

;DDD

message 10: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

He's insanely sweet! He's awesome!

message 11: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments IKR?I melted in his story about when they were kindergarten, so sweet ;D

message 12: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments Ronna wrote: "i dont need reasons. PEETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But i do think him and katniss go way back...
and he's just sooo sweet

;DDD"

Thank you!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Peeta. He just seems so much better then Gale, and it's really sweet about the bread thing!

message 14: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Got to admit, that's my favorite part about Peeta's character. That was soooooooooooo sweet! It even gave him a tital. It tells a lot about his character.

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments you can't deny, Peeta was going to commit suicide for Katniss!

message 16: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Just because Peeta loves Katniss unconditionally does not mean that he and Katniss are meant for each other.

message 17: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Peeta was probably delussional for half the time! He had high fevers, blood poisoning, and lost tons of blood towards the end. At that point I think I'd commit suicide to. Not because it meant somebody else would live, but just to escape. Just kidding. I wouldn't. But would Peeta?????????? After all that you couldn't be anything but delussional. I'm suprised he didn't have hallucionations or anything like that. Spotting of the vission. Passing out. Whatever.

message 18: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

I don't think it had anything to do with him being delusional. I'm sure that his physical condition made suicide seem more appealing, but I feel that his main motivation was making it possible for Katniss to survive.

message 19: by Summer (last edited Aug 28, 2009 03:15PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments True. He does really care about Katniss but is it every really possible for them to be together? For some reason I just can't see her fitting into Peeta's life or family. They're worlds are far to different. They clash too much.

message 20: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Summer wrote: "True. He does really care about Katniss but is it every really possible for them to be together? For some reason I just can't see her fitting into Peeta's life or family."

It's possible, but I don't think it's very likely, unfortunately. I'd love them to be together, but I just don't see it happening.

message 21: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments I know. In the long run???????? I can totaly see her with Gale though. I can see like the two families merging and fitting together. Unless something horrible happens to Gale, I think we can figure out were she's going to end up.

message 22: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments well, im pro peeta, but i dont want him as a last resort.

message 23: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments That would spoil it. Collins would have to be very resourcful to dredge up some feelings that didn't make Peeta seem, like you said Ronna, a last resort.

message 24: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Summer wrote: "I know. In the long run???????? I can totaly see her with Gale though. I can see like the two families merging and fitting together. Unless something horrible happens to Gale, I think we can figure..."

I wouldn't be too surprised if Collins kills off one of them. I would flood my house with tears, as I love them both, but it wouldn't really surprise me.

If Gale is killed off, and Katniss doesn't develop feelings for Peeta, then I don't think she would go to Peeta as a last resort. She doesn't need a guy.

message 25: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Yah, but thats so.... disapointing. I don't want Katniss to be lonely. Her whole life is basically a sham now, playing for the Capitol. What will be left for her in the end? I'd cry to. Very poetic by the way. :^)

message 26: by Ronna (last edited Aug 28, 2009 04:56PM) (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments NOOOOOOO! I may be pro Peeta, but I don't want either of them to die!! Ahh, well, I trust Collins. I'm pretty sure she's gonna make something really awesome. I dunno about the killing-one-of-them though. That's just sad.

We're forgetting one factor though. Katniss mentioned that she's not interested in any relationship that would end up to marriage and kids. She mentioned it in the Hunger Games and Chptr2 of Catching Fire. That's one of things that I really liked about Katniss. She's independent. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't pick any of them in the end, but still conjusre it up to be a happy ending for the three of them.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait.

;D

message 27: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Ugh! I just had the saddest thought that I cant get out of my mind, that I hope I hadn't thought about, and that I wish i could get out of my mind. What if katniss dies!? Ah!

message 28: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Ronna wrote: "NOOOOOOO! I may be pro Peeta, but I don't want either of them to die!! Ahh, well, I trust Collins. I'm pretty sure she's gonna make something really awesome. I dunno about the killing-one-of-them t..."

I was thinking about that too. The thing is, in chapter two of Catching Fire she was completely ready to defend herself again Gale's love with that line because she totally has feelings for Gale. Has she admitted that she doesn't want to have kids and get married to Peeta? Noooooo. Which probably is a sign that Katniss has more feelings for Gale. She's afraid of falling head over heals for him but not Peeta. She also said that maybe if she didn't live in District 12, a cruel and empty place, and if there weren't the yearly reapings, she might consider it. With the fall of the government, which I'm predicting will eventually come, Katniss's options open up. She has room to actually considered sharing her life with some one else (Gale or Peeta probably) without fear and having kids and so on and so forth.

message 29: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Yeah.

Still Peeta though. LOL! I'm stuborn. But I do hope the three of them could be friends in the end, no matter who she ends up with. It feels more right and complete.

;D

message 30: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

She has her family, especially Prim.

Who knows, maybe a third person will be introduced to fall in love with Katniss, and that person will be even better than Gale and Peeta.

I somehow feel that Collins is the type of author who isn't afraid to kill off characters, and I think that most deaths will take place in the last book.

And as to not wanting to marry and have kids, that is just because of the terrible conditions that they would be born into. She wouldn't want any of her children to starve or be tributes. What if they beat the Capitol, end the Hunger Games, and make it so that there is more resources available to everyone.

And that's a good point about her maybe just not choosing either Gale or Peeta.

message 31: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments It kind of seems like the easy rout out though, especially for someone like Collins who makes unimaginable swists and turns in her plot. I mean about choosing neither and going for someone else or just being alone. I'm a sucker for love and all that. She has to end up with somebody.

message 32: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Ronna wrote: "Ugh! I just had the saddest thought that I cant get out of my mind, that I hope I hadn't thought about, and that I wish i could get out of my mind. What if katniss dies!? Ah!"

Katniss die??? (whimper) I'm getting teary now.

message 33: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Yeah, me too. Im a sucker for that love stuff and all. ;D

message 34: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments I don't think Collins is an author afraid of her own plot either. She'll kill someone off if nessisary. It just can't be Gale. Or Peeta. Or Prim. Maybe Haymitch, but that has nothing to do with this conversation. On a nother note or randomness, it would be really cool if Peeta and Katniss's parents end up together, like the "witch" leaves the dad or something. It'd be really sweet after all those years. :^) Perhaps that would bond Kat and Peeta in a new way if they don't end up together.

message 35: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

I like that idea about Peeta's mom leaving and then their parents getting together. That would be so sweet! Then Katniss and Peeta would be step-siblings...aww! I love that idea, Summer!

message 36: by Summer (last edited Aug 28, 2009 05:20PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments I know. It would be so perfect. I feel bad for both Peeta's dad and Katniss's mom. Maybe they'd be happy finally.

Whitney, who started this conversation by the way, kept propossing that Katniss would be taken away or something and then Peeta and Gale would have to unite. That would be pretty cool to. I'd would be a good way to form a kind of common bond between Peeta and Gale. They must not like eachother at the moment very much.

message 37: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (last edited Aug 28, 2009 05:38PM) (new)

That *would* be perfect, although it seems almost a bit too perfect. Oh well, I'm officially rooting for that theory now!

I picture all three of them ending up on the run somehow. I don't see Peeta and Gale doing much bonding any time soon, not because they don't like each other, but just because it would be awckward.

message 38: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments I just really don't want there to be a fued or anything between the two. That would be horrible, especially for Katniss. She already has some really hard choices to make with out the two of them screwing things up even more. Lol. Like the three of them ending up how exactly? How are u formulation the relationship between the three in your head? Btw, I think Kat really cares about Peeta, but not in that *love* way. While she was talking to Snow in the second chapter she described the conversation with the president about the two people she cared for most (peeta and gale) repulsed her. I'm wondering what would happen if Katniss had to make a choice. Save Peeta or Gale. THAT would be BAD.

message 39: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Whoops, I meant to say that I picture them all ending up on the run.

She does care about Peeta. If she didn't she would've killed him in the Hunger Games, and she wouldn't have risked her life to get him his medicine.

I hope she doesn't have to choose between the two of them in that way. I think that that would ruin her chances with both of them.

message 40: by Summer (last edited Aug 28, 2009 06:00PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments Good point about the medicen and stuff. That would be pretty bad. But I mean just theoretically.

message 41: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments I mean, like if the Capitol or whatever set it up in such a way that one would die no mater what if she didn't choose them. Which one would she go to save?

message 42: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments I wonder if the Capitol will set up an "accident," intended for Katniss or Peeta and who will get in the way? Gale?

message 43: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) the president said that wouldn't work. people would be suspicious.

message 44: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I guess he said that he could kill Gale though. *shudders* hate that idea

message 45: by Summer (last edited Aug 29, 2009 08:58PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments I know. I'm presonally offended by a fictional person. That sounds terribly sad but I'm half convinced Gale is my fictional soul mate. Okay, just kidding. But Snow is soooo *shaking head* ofending and terrible and so many other words that would take up the rest of this space.

message 46: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (miarosie44) urg, president Snow gave me goosebumps. you have to give Collins credit for that creepy carater. hmmmmmm, i bet if he goes after someone, it's Gale or Prim and her mother.

If she goes on the run, what will the third book be about?

message 47: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) maybe she'll go on the run in the 3 book. but if she goes on the run in the 2nd, there's still plenty to write about. like, keeping everyone safe, and avoiding whatever the Capitol sends at them.

message 48: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments Summer wrote: "I know. I'm presonally offended by a fictional person. That sounds terribly sad but I'm half convinced Gale is my fictional soul mate. Okay, just kidding. But Snow is soooo *shaking head* ofending ..."

i told you that

message 49: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 13 comments what if they kidnap Gale and keep him to make Katniss do what they want?

message 50: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments Don't say that! That's horrible. Snow would do anything! It would be like those horrible movies were they hold the person hostage and torture him and put him on the phone. Don't say that! I have all those bad images stuck in my head!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12