Light in the Wilderness: Explorations in the Spiritual Life Light in the Wilderness discussion

Thoughts on Chapter One

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gabriele Chapter One-
"Light in the Wilderness"
My summary is: God has prepared our mortal probation providing all that we need to grow and all the light we need as assistance.
On page 2, 1st para.,we also made extensive preparations. We made covenants, were promised light and knowledge, and were fitted with light receptors.
I needed the reminders that the Book of Mormon provides types and shadows for our mortal journey. I just forget what my tools are. I too often use the senses of my natural woman. Page 7, para.3,"there is a perceptible world of Light beyond this one, but something has to happen to our way of seeing...
I'm going toward the light.

message 2: by Mw (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mw Gabriele wrote: "Chapter One-
My summary is: God has prepared our mortal probation providing all that we need to grow and all the light we need as assistance.
On page 2, 1st para.,w..."

Gabriele wrote: "Chapter One-
On page 2, 1st para.,w..."

I haven't bought this book, but am eager to do so.
Can you tell me if any of the chapters are reprinted from her other two books? I bought her others and found some sections were duplicates, so I am just curious about this.......Thanks

Gabriele Wow! Someone is out there. I have many of her other books and I don't believe Light in the Wilderness is repeated anywhere. This book is wonderful and I have read it twice and wanted my summaries on Goodreads to be my third time through.

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Maxwell I think this is THE best book on how to progress in our spiritual journey. I have read it 6 times and refer to it frequently. The back jacket has a good summary: "Man's mind is the spiritual frontier. As we come to understand the difference between the experience of the Natural and the Spiritual Mind, we gain greater access to unseen spiritual realities. We find that the Light in our Wilderness is literal, and that it continually seeks acess to our awareness.....M. Catherine Thomas invites fellow seekers to search behind familiar gospel words and concepts to find a greater revelation." Also, there is a fabulous review of this book, by a highly regarded critic, at the following net site:
http://magazine.byu.edu/?act=view&...
It is possible to read about the author of this article on the net. The new publisher of the book is
digitalegend.co.com/catalogue