The Sword and Laser discussion

Literary Opinions (xkcd comic)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by terpkristin (last edited Jun 19, 2019 05:22PM) (new)

terpkristin | 3766 comments I saw this xkcd today (likely from the 18th) and thought it was relevant to this group. I especially like the suggestion for the new book club. Click-through for the alt text when you hover over the comic.

message 2: by Trike (new)

Trike | 5377 comments O. Henry and O. Prah are the same person.

message 3: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 3766 comments Hahaha, Trike

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2397 comments Hmm I always thought DFW was Thomas Pynchon trying to leave the house.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Lee (harlock415) | 188 comments I think Seanan McGuirre and Mira Grant are the same person.

Even more shocking, I think J.K. Rowling and Robert Galbraith are the same person.

message 6: by Melani (new)

Melani | 137 comments Robert wrote: "I think Seanan McGuirre and Mira Grant are the same person.

Even more shocking, I think J.K. Rowling and Robert Galbraith are the same person."

No way. They don't even write the same genre of fiction. This is just bananas.

message 7: by Tamahome (last edited Jun 25, 2019 10:17AM) (new)

Tamahome | 5210 comments Gil Kane used to draw under the name Scott Edward for DC Comics until Neal Adams broke that tradition. Just got that from a youtube video about the crazy Batman Odyssey by ComicTropes.

message 8: by Tamahome (last edited Jun 28, 2019 12:38PM) (new)

Tamahome | 5210 comments Literary Opinions

Hmm, tried to get the hover text.

img src="//imgs.xkcd.com/comics/literary_opinion..." title="If I really focus, I can distinguish between John Steinbeck and John Updike, or between Gore Vidal and Vidal Sassoon, but not both at once." alt="Literary Opinions" srcset="//imgs.xkcd.com/comics/literary_opinion... 2x"/

message 9: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 3766 comments More than a week later, this strip still cracks me up.