Hard Case Crime discussion

Kill Now, Pay Later (Hard Case Crime #35)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gregory (new)

Gregory (gregamused) | 20 comments Gave this 3 stars (but it was really 3.5 stars if I had the option). This is the funniest HCC book I've read so far. PI Ben Gates has some hilarious dialogue delivered in a wonderfully rye fashion. Some of the scenes like him leaving the maid's house via her bicycle still tickle me when I think back to it. Also, the fight scene in the pool house was superbly funny with the dimwitted rich boy trying to be a toughie. Got a favorite scene, I'd love to hear it. And this is the first Robert Terrall novel I've read and I wonder if this is a good example of his style in other novels he's written?

message 2: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 142 comments Is it funny because of the dialogue,nature of characters or is it jokes that try to be funny ?

message 3: by Gregory (new)

Gregory (gregamused) | 20 comments The humor is more character's actions (against type) and situational. For instance, the bike scene places a large adult male on a small ladies bike trying to flee from the police. He hasn't been on a bike in years so he falls a couple of times in his first attempts all the while a neighbor lady looks on in amusement. He's embarrassed and the reader enjoys a funny situation. I wouldn't say the humor is forced but the main character has a very dry, witty side that the writer uses to great benefit.

message 4: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  (mohammedaosman) | 142 comments Ah i saw this book in HCC shelf in my trip to the bookstore yesterday but i couldnt remember the title to buy it.