Hard Case Crime discussion

Little Girl Lost (Hard Case Crime #4)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gregory (new)

Gregory (gregamused) | 20 comments This one I really enjoyed. I liked the main character John Blake and his back story. The whole mentor aspect with the older partner and ex-cop detective could even have been developed more (I haven't read the follow-up so maybe it does). It was an interesting mystery and a sexy romp (started getting a little Penthouse Letters at one point but hey, I'm no prude). But if I had to tag it with one issue it was that Aleas maybe telegraphed the big twist a little too often and too early. I was just sitting there waiting for John to get it many pages before he does. Anybody else feel that about this story? Or have I just read/seen to many "Body Double" mysteries?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I just started Little Girl Lost today at lunch. Very good so far.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) | 125 comments I enjoyed Little Girl Lost a lot but I thought Songs of Innocence was better. Aleas seemed more confident as a writer and the case was even more twisted.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I finished it & was very impressed by the book. I could see this one happening on any given day in NYC. Very well done. I look forward to reading more by him.