What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

River Parade
This topic is about River Parade
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: Children's: Boy and toy animals fall out of boat [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments This is a picture book I liked when I was a kid in the early 90s. If I remember correctly, rather than illustrations, it had photographs. It might have been wordless, but I'm not sure.

There was a boy who went out on a boat with a parent or some other adult. They went out on a river or in a lake (not the ocean) and I guess it was either a rowboat or a canoe. The boy might have had his own little toy boat, but I know he definitely had toy animals that end up falling into the water one by one. I think the parent suggests tying the animals to the boat so they just tow them along. Well, eventually the boy falls in too (he's wearing a life jacket) and he gets tied up to the boat and towed along. Something like that, anyway. :P

Any ideas? I've been googling various keywords like crazy and not finding anything.

message 2: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (renfrew) | 48 comments ?-- John Burningham's "Mr. Gumpy's Outing" --?

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments Nope, not it. Thanks though.

message 4: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments RIVER PARADE

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49...

Alexandria Day. Viking, New York; 1990; 36 p.; kindergarten to grade 2; E

Summary: Great splashes of shimmering watercolor mirroring the hot summer day on the river. Young boy rides up a river with his father on a hot summer day, with his toys. One by one, each toy falls into the water, and finally, so does the boy, finding it wonderful swimming. Comment: River Parade contains nice representations of wetlands along the river, with marshy vegetation, fish and mallard ducks.

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments Yes, that's it! Thank you!!

Interesting that I thought it was photographs, but I guess that's because the illustrations are pretty realistic. I never knew it was by the same author of Good Dog, Carl.

message 6: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments Yay!

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16126 comments River Parade for the trackable link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

River Parade (other topics)