Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Happy Birthday Kay

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments Happy B'Day, Kay.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (JaneNancy) | 161 comments Have a Happy Birthday, Kay. I hope you have many greetings, many gifts, good reading, and a great cake! NJ

message 3: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1196 comments Happy Birthday, Kay!!!

message 4: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3535 comments Happy birthday

message 5: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1116 comments Happy Birthday, Kay

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Kay,
It's almost the end of the day, but I hope it has been happy.
SmileyCentral.com

message 7: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Hope it was great, Kay!

message 8: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Kay, happy birthday.

message 9: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 57 comments Happy Birthday Kay! I hope you had a marvalous day with your loved ones. =)~

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments Hope you had a great day, Kay!

message 11: by Lori S (new)

Lori S | 70 comments Happy Birthday Kay!!

message 12: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Happy belated birthday, Kay!

I hope you had a great day. Come around and see us more often!

Jan O'Cat

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Kay!
I hope your day was full of fun, food, family, friends and good books!

Nancy (Hrdcovers) (TheReader23) | 30 comments Kay --

Hope you had a wonderful birthday and got some good presents (books). I got Conroy's South of Broad and Russo's That Old Cape Magic as gifts and couldn't have been happier.

Here's hoping you have another great year until your next birthday.

message 15: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Happy Belated B-day Kay. Hope it was great!!

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3618 comments happy belated b-day, kay!

message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay | 3 comments Thank you all for the birthday greetings I found when I was (finally) able to log in. Darned AOL. Does anyone know how to access AOL when you can't get there via internet?

I've read some really good books lately - right now it's James Lee Burke's Rain Gods. Unfortunately for me, the main character's name is Hackberry Holland. While that's what my eyes see, by the time it reaches my mind it's Huckleberry Hound.

I've also read and recommend Deaver's Roadside Crosses, T. Jeff Parker's Renegade, Undone by Karin Slaughter, The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner. Thanks to someone here for recommending Michael Koryta. I finished his Tonight I Said Goodbye and immediately requested his next!

Kay

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (JaneNancy) | 161 comments Kay, that's humorous that your eyes keep seeing Hackberry Holland as Huckleberry Hound. Made me smile. My screen name is Janenancy, but I keep seeing it as Nancy Jane, which is what it really is. Our eyes do that!

I keep hearing a local ad that says that they are giving an open casting call for ----- and I always hear first, "an open casket call," which gives me a jolt, and then I know that they didn't say that at all.

It sounds like your birthday had good reading opportunities.

NJ

message 19: by Ann (last edited Aug 29, 2009 07:44PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Kay:
Hope you are successful at connecting more often. I don't know what to offer as advice for your dilemma.
Thanks for your tip on Michael Koryta

Kay wrote: "Thank you all for the birthday greetings I found when I was (finally) able to log in. Darned AOL. Does anyone know how to access AOL when you can't get there via internet?
Thanks to someone here for recommending Michael Koryta. I finished his Tonight I Said Goodbye and immediately requested his next! ..."

message 20: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Happy Birthday Kay.

message 21: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2647 comments Kay wrote: Unfortunately for me, the main character's name is Hackberry Holland. While that's what my eyes see, by the time it reaches my mind it's Huckleberry Hound.

A varaitoin on tihs is taht as lnog as the frist and lsat ltetres of a wrod are crorcet, it deonst mtater wehre the itnreoir ltetres are palced, yuoll sitllbe albe to raed the wrod.

message 22: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (JaneNancy) | 161 comments Wow, Dan, that was tricky, but you're right. I could read it! NJ

message 23: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3535 comments Happy birthday and many more.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Koryta (other topics)