What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED! sick/injured(?) young girl gets dollhouse [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candace (last edited Aug 25, 2009 09:33AM) (new)

Candace (candacerenee) I wish for the life of me I could remember the name and the author of this book, but I can't. So I need help :). I just remember reading it when I was young (probably 10 or 11 - I'm 27 now). There's a little girl who gets (or finds) a dollhouse. I want to say she gets sick (or maybe its injured...) at some point, but I can't remember and I'm pretty sure its set in the past (around the Civil War or something). I just remembered the book when I found my old copy of The Dollhouse Murders last night. I know this is an extremely vague description, but it's all I've got. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

message 2: by Janna (last edited Aug 25, 2009 09:41AM) (new)

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments Is it Midnight in the Dollhouse? "Set in the 19th century, a family of dolls and their house help renew nine-year-old Melissa's interest in life after she is badly injured and confined to bed for four months." The cover and more of a description is at Amazon here.

message 3: by Candace (new)

Candace (candacerenee) YES! That's it!! Thank you SO SO much. I've been Googling the heck out of stuff since I posted it on here, but that's it! I'm so glad! Now I just have to find it somewhere :)

message 4: by Janna (new)

Janna (fortunateizzi) | 48 comments You're welcome. :) Yay, my first time solving a book for someone here! I've never even read it, but I found it in a search... I have too much downtime at work, lol.

message 5: by Candace (new)

Candace (candacerenee) Sounds like me! My job is crazy busy in the summer, but DEAD in the winter so I'm always looking for new books to read! You should definitely read it though, I loved it when I was younger (clearly... since it stuck with me even though I couldn't remember it all that well :)).

message 6: by Candace (new)

Candace (candacerenee) Oh yay, I actually found a used copy of the book online. Apparently its out of print now, but I found it on eBay for $1. I was so excited, now I just have to (not so patiently) wait for it to come in the mail. Thanks again for helping me figure out what it was! I absolutely LOVE this book :)