City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) City of Fallen Angels discussion

Series ENDED

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Caitlín (new)

Caitlín K This series already ENDED, we don't need the author to drag her flat, uninteresting characters through another tacked-on, perilous adventure. Ugh.

Miss Clark I thought she was working on a new series? Should she not perhaps be focusing on that rather than throwing a book about Simon (who I really disliked) at the public?

message 3: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra Mmm well i really liked the mortal instruments and most of the characters however simon was my least favourite character. I was happy with the ending she gave the series, she doesn't need a fourth book in this series.

Brigid ✩ Ink Mage wrote: "This series already ENDED, we don't need the author to drag her flat, uninteresting characters through another tacked-on, perilous adventure. Ugh."

Flat, uninteresting characters? What book were you reading? Personally, I adored the Mortal Instruments trilogy, and I love the characters. This book isn't another "tacked-on" adventure, either. It's about what happens to Simon afterwards … which is something I wondered about when I finished reading City of Glass. I was definitely Team Jace but I love Simon, too. :] I, for one, cannot wait for City of Fallen Angels.

message 5: by Sasha (new) - added it

Sasha I thought that it was a trilogy! She's doing her new series. It's called something like, Clockwork Angels or somthig of that nature. Why do we need another book? The ending to that series was fine! TEAM JACE! Sorry, Simon, but she has to have Jace.

Brigid ✩ Yes, she's also working on a new series called the Infernal Devices – the first one is called The Clockwork Angel. Mortal Instruments is a trilogy technically ... the fourth one isn't exactly a part of the same story, just the same world/characters. It's like with the Uglies books ...

Anyway. Yeah, I liked the end of Mortal Instruments. But Cassandra Clare left a few things hanging. We still don't know who Simon ended up with, or how he adjusted to being a vampire and whatnot. I'm team Jace too, and I highly doubt Cassie Clare will split up Jace and Clary. But I love Simon too, and I want to know what happens to him ...

message 7: by Raylene (new) - added it

Raylene I can't wait for the city of fallen angels. who cares if it was supossed to be a trilogy?

message 8: by Malerie (new) - added it

Malerie I doubt that I'm going to read the next one because the other one already ended the series, for me at least. Although, I could use a little more Jace, I'm just saying!

message 9: by Shelby (last edited Sep 05, 2009 05:58PM) (new)

Shelby There were still a lot of unanswered questions not involving Clary that need answering. You guys should reread the last ten pages and then say it's ended.

For one, who in the heck was the girl in the end talking with Magnus Bane that Clary had locked eyes with and had a feeling she knew or had seen somewhere?

Secondly, Johnathon's not dead, he's still out there, and i'm judging that he's pretty pissed off.

Brigid ✩ Shelby wrote: "For one, who in the heck was the girl in the end talking with Magnus Bane that Clary had locked eyes with and had a feeling she knew or had seen somewhere? "

I believe she's the main character from the upcoming Infernal Devices series. Cassandra Clare said so on her blog or something.

Malerie wrote: "I could use a little more Jace, I'm just saying!!"

LOL. couldn't we all? ;D

message 11: by Nicole (last edited Sep 14, 2009 10:39AM) (new) - added it

Nicole Keeling Clare definately left the series open for more.. the questions Clary had for herself regarding what the Fairy Queen said to her..about her mom having more secrets. Also, they never found Jonathan's body.. come on guys, it was pretty obvious she left holes to be filled if she ever wanted to return to it. Lots of authors do it. Maybe she'll wait longer to explore that but she definately could go back to Jace & Clary storyline.. especially considering Clary is training to be a full fledged Shadowhunter. Just my opinion guys!

message 12: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Keeling Totally agree with Shelby!

message 13: by Lily (new)

Lily ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Ink Mage wrote: "This series already ENDED, we don't need the author to drag her flat, uninteresting characters through another tacked-on, perilous adventure. Ugh."

Flat, uninteresting characters?..."

YES. I totally agree.

message 14: by Lily (new)

Lily Oh my goodness, I just finished the book, (I know, it took me a while to discover them, but if it's any consolation, I read them in a week flat)and I've fallen in love with Jace, just like EVERY other girl around the world (y). But I CANNOT wait until this comes out! I've been wondering who that girl is too.. and also, Ink Mage, you would have had to read the books to know that the characters are "flat and uninteresting", and at least maintain SOME interest in them, and if you haven't, how do you know that the characters didn't develop more depth throughout the novels?

message 15: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla She is making another book proably because the first 3 sold really good.

Ashley I thought City of Glass was the last book? If Cassandra was going to write another book she should had have the ending where it left us hanging. Not an ending where everyone lives happily ever after.

message 17: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Braben i cannot wait for this book the first three are amazing and yes i will take alot to live up to them but i think that it will be equally as good! But i cannot believe we have to wait for 2011 this is just torture x

message 18: by georjie (new)

georjie I am worried this book will be dissapointing considering it is from Simons point of view. All I care about is Jace, Clary and them not getting killed. As soon as I know Jonathan is dead I will be happy with the series ending. Of coarse I cant complain at getting the chance of reading more about Jace.......

message 19: by Fantasygirl (new)

Fantasygirl I too am curious as to not just all the unanswered questions like this post:
Clare definitely left the series open for more.. the questions Clary had for herself regarding what the Fairy Queen said to her..about her mom having more secrets. Also, they never found Jonathan's body..

also, what about the fact that Jace was told he would "fall in love with the wrong person". What exactly did that mean...I didn't feel I got that answer. I wasn't expecting to have a book in Simon's view, but hopefully our questions get answers

message 20: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Chau is the book out yet? the date is 10/26/09

message 21: by David (new)

David I think Simon was an Ok character, he had his ups and downs. But I think it's a good idea to make a fourth book, they should kill someone important off in my opinion.

message 22: by Rissa (new)

Rissa I didn't much like Simon. Honestly I thought he was gonna come out as gay or something. I love the series but I didn't like the ending: I wanted a little more Clary/Jace action. If this book doesn't have a lot of that, I'm going to be a little disppionted.

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa My first opinion when I finished the City of Glass was that I still had too many questions unanswered. I think a fourth book is needed to finish tying up all the gaps. (Jonathan, the mysterious lady talking to MB, the mark on Simon, etc) I am also curious at how the characters develop now that their "worlds" have changed with the joining of shadow hunters and downworlders.

I am not sure how well the book will read with Simons view, but I still cant wait... I just hope we get a lot more of Jace and Clary…

message 24: by Sally (new) - added it

Sally you know when you don't like the characters you STOP reading the books! retard

message 25: by Bee (new)

Bee if u are tired of the series DONT READ IT im personally excited for the next one i cant wait

message 26: by Bee (new)

Bee Sally wrote: "you know when you don't like the characters you STOP reading the books! retard

i agree

message 27: by Bee (new)

Bee Vanessa wrote: "My first opinion when I finished the City of Glass was that I still had too many questions unanswered. I think a fourth book is needed to finish tying up all the gaps. (Jonathan, the mysterious lad..."

if cassandra chyanges anything with Jace and Clary i will be sooo TICKED
i love there realation ship and if she breaks them up Ticked

message 28: by Bee (new)

Bee Rissa wrote: "I didn't much like Simon. Honestly I thought he was gonna come out as gay or something. I love the series but I didn't like the ending: I wanted a little more Clary/Jace action. If this book doe..."

same there should be TONS MORE JACE AND CLARY

message 29: by Bee (new)

Bee Fantasygirl wrote: "I too am curious as to not just all the unanswered questions like this post:
Clare definitely left the series open for more.. the questions Clary had for herself regarding what the Fairy Queen sai..."

i really hope that the thing with jace doesnt come true becuz that will suck i love him and clary together though i love him even though he isnt real

message 30: by Bee (new)

Bee Lila-rose wrote: "I am worried this book will be dissapointing considering it is from Simons point of view. All I care about is Jace, Clary and them not getting killed. As soon as I know Jonathan is dead I will be h..."

i agree

message 31: by Bee (new)

Bee Lily wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Ink Mage wrote: "This series already ENDED, we don't need the author to drag her flat, uninteresting characters through another tacked-on, perilous adventure. Ugh."

Flat, unin..."

i do not agree with ink mage or anyone that saysd there should be more jace and clary or any more series as long as jace and clary stay together for the rest of the series 100000000% of the time im ok with it ending

message 32: by georjie (new)

georjie The series was left with to many answered questions not to have a sequel. I enjoy every character in these novels though I tend to favour Jace becausew of his amusing arrogance. I would be thrilled if the upcoming novewl were from Jace's percpective but I am still excited even though it is from Simons. I just hope we still are told of Jace and clary's relationship and all the questions are answered.

message 33: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth I love this light read series and have recommended it many times. There had to be a fourth book when the body of Jonathon was not found. Thanks Cassandra!

Kianna I cant believe that theres another book i don't even care if its stupid to end the series and then start it again as long as i get to see more . . . . . JACE

message 35: by georjie (new)

georjie Though I tend to want more Clary and Jace I am excited to see who Simon chooses I am hoping he picks Maia over Isabelle.

Kayla I kinda think she should have stopped at the third book. Yes i am want to know who simon end up with but he was one of my least favorite character. I also hope that at the end she keeps clary and jace together i know she probably will but just the thought of her breaking them up makes me uneasy. And she could break them up. You never know

message 37: by Emmie (new)

Emmie Ok, first of all, for the people who dont like Simon, you guys are CRAZY!!! Simon was one of my fave characters(also Magnus Bane and Jace!), and i think it'll be cool for the book to be in Simons perspective.
Second, yeah, i agree. Jace and Clary are sooooo good together, and i'm absolutely in LOVE with Jace!!

message 38: by Emmie (new)

Emmie i agree with georjie; Simon better end up with Maia!!

Ellyne There is 6 books to this series, maybe it once was a trilogy, but it isn't anymore, I LOVED these books, absolutely adored them. It was like Harry Potter all over again, but with a whole different scenario. I personally cannot wait for the 4th book, I didn't want it to end, and there is still so much more to be said, like, Jonathan's body hasn't been found. but yea, I didn't really care about Simon, I Love Jace and Clary, and as long as their in this book a lot, I'm goodd. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIES!!

message 40: by Emmie (new)

Emmie there are going to be 2 more books after the first one. one of them is going to be called city of lost souls. im sooooo excited. city of fallen angels comes out in spring!!!

Ryleigh It was so good !

Jenny here's the real story why Cassie decided to make a fourth book, after she wrote COG she decided to make a graphic novel on Simon's life, how he adjusts in being a vampire, she had a plot and everything, then it didn't work, so she had all these ideas then she decided, hey, why not have a fouth book, in Simon's POV. When she started the fourth book, she relized that it was too short, so she added more parts and then she put the book in more POV'S (Jace, Clary, Isabelle, Maia, Jordan, Alec, Magnus and more). I have to say that i was so excited that she made a fourth book, i was even more happy when she said that it would be in Simon's point of view, i have to say that, I LOVE SIMON. i know that there are many fans of TMI who dislike Simon, but many people who finished this one, they all like Simon.

I have one question for you, if you love the TMI, why are you all against Cassie making a fourth? why do you guys even call yourself fans when some of you absolute don't want another book in the series? this is what i call anti fans, not fans.

Angelu I don't care if TMI never ends.. hahahahha

cause I adore Cassie Clare...

and I'm in love with TMI and of course... Jace as well.

:D <3

Victoria Angelu wrote: "I don't care if TMI never ends.. hahahahha

cause I adore Cassie Clare...

and I'm in love with TMI and of course... Jace as well.

:D <3"

FINALLY!!!! someone who understands :P

Alicia Jenny wrote: "here's the real story why Cassie decided to make a fourth book, after she wrote COG she decided to make a graphic novel on Simon's life, how he adjusts in being a vampire, she had a plot and everyt..."

I personally feel that she ended the series very well, and I didn't really need the next book. Don't get me wrong, I loved CoFA, and I'm glad she's continuing on, but I don't think she needed to. I like the fact that each 'era' of shadowhunters were supposed to have their own trilogy, a beginning, middle, and end, and then be done with it.

Nevertheless, I am very happy to be able to continue reading her books and am excited for Clockwork Prince to come out this fall, and City of Lost Souls to come out next year! :)

Nurlely Mortal Instruments series was meant to be trilogy.
Since I love the series so much, especially Jace, I will be bliss for more sequels, if it means I could read more about Jace.

For me, City of Glass is still the best book of MI. I do love CoFA but I did expect a similar quality and after reading it, I feel it is not as good as City of Glass. I was more excited reading Clockwork Angel. Nonetheless, I love them all.
I hope City of Lost Souls will be better.

Mockingjay I loved all of these books!

message 48: by Aden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aden Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The series hasn't ended and there is gonna be another book coming out. The author said it anyway.

Raigen this isn't the end of the series ! Thank God ! :)

Mockingjay yeah city of lost souls is coming out 2012 and city of heavenly angels is coming out 2013! Then the series will be ended.

« previous 1