Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Hunting Ground - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (last edited Aug 25, 2009 01:13AM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments So the new Alpha and Omega book, Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs is released today. Has anyone picked it up yet? I know that it's release is going to be MAJORLY overshadowed by Blood Promise, but I'm still excited for it, personally!

I picked mine up tonight. It was already out at Walmart, and I have to wait until this afternoon for Blood Promise to be released on audible. So, I'm going to try to get it read first.

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm excited for it! I just haven't had the chance to get it yet. I've been checking around the stores to see if it was released early anywhere, but I haven't noticed it yet.

I don't read the other series that has Blood Promise, so that doesn't bother me lol.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna (aknas22) | 349 comments I just finished Hunting Ground and I really enjoyed it!

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma O (emmielou0110) | 8 comments I finished hunting ground yesterday, and I really liked it. Especially since I was just in Seattle a couple of months ago. I also got Briggs new graphic novel Mercy Thompson Homecoming. Its the first comic book I've read and it was a good story. short but you find out how Mercy settled in the Tricities.

message 5: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I've been meaning to check that out. I didn't know if it had been released or not yet. I'm going to the book store tomorrow, so I'll have to see if it's there! I heard that they are also going to start a graphic novel for alpha and omega. But, like you, I've never read a graphic novel before. I honestly wouldn't care to check this one out except Briggs is one of my fav authors!

message 6: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I really liked this book! Today I ended up getting stuck somewhere for about an hour, and this was the book that I had in my purse. So, I pulled it out and started rereading parts of it. Since it's brand new the whole story is fresh in my mind, I could jump around a bit. But just love it! There is just something about all of Brigg's werewolf books that I love, and love to reread. Some books, no matter how interesting, you just can't pick up and only read parts and enjoy yourself. But these ones you can.

message 7: by Starling (new)

Starling | 176 comments I've just started the book, and I'm enjoying it a lot. At this point I've also read some of Patricia Brigg's older SF books, and I've enjoyed all of them. In fact I'm kind of sad that one of her two-book series is not going to become a longer series. The arc was finished, but I'd still like to know what came next.

message 8: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Which series is that? I still haven'r read any of her older books yet. I've just stuck with the 2 wolf series.

message 9: by Starling (new)

Starling | 176 comments DRAGON BLOOD and DRAGON BONES are one of her 2-book series. It is odd that they are neither stand alone nor trilogies, but ...

I enjoyed those two books and they could easily have become a series although the story line finished.