Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Chain Story

Comments Showing 101-131 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
1 3 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 101: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (nicehotcupoftea) | 694 comments Before I could say Ning Ning Nang, Alfred and I found ourselves outside my front gate. But when Alfred said: "We have to return the thimble to the witch next door!" I realised that

message 102: by gathering feather (new)

gathering feather organiceden | 83 comments My wish only brought us back to my worse nightmare!

message 103: by gathering feather (new)

gathering feather organiceden | 83 comments My wish only brought us back to my worse nightmare!

message 104: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 6507 comments I was back at the begining of the story and now it would appear that I had to....

message 105: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (nicehotcupoftea) | 694 comments ask: was there a purpose to this nonsense?

message 106: by gathering feather (new)

gathering feather organiceden | 83 comments Just then the witch came out of her house to see what was happening. I was so scared i

message 107: by Paul (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments Out from the corner of it's eye, spied the quick sudden movements of a mouse.

message 108: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Brown | 44 comments Alfred in elephant form roared in fear and charged away down the hill. This left me with knees shaking facing the witch who stood looking at me with a huge smile on her face...

message 109: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 65894 comments Mod
clutching the thimble gleefully!

message 110: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Brown | 44 comments I looked at her, realising it was no use running or trying to avoid my fate. She had won. "What do you want from me?", I asked dejectedly.

message 111: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (nicehotcupoftea) | 694 comments In a harsh whisper, the witch replied: "I want your prize-winning sponge recipe! And if I do not have it by nightfall, I'll..."

message 112: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Brown | 44 comments The witch cackled, "I will magically send you to a place, if you can determine where and when you are, you will get your wish to go home. For no magical adventure is complete without a challenge".
"Alright I agreed", and before I knew it,I found myself on top of a hill.. green grass covered the slopes.. and in front of me stood a large white stone where a richly dressed man who looked like Alfred stood, hand raised. A large crowd of people stood watching, and as the man flanked by men on horseback placed his hand on the stone – a musical chime rang out and the crowd cried "Fada beo an Rí!"

message 113: by Paul (last edited Nov 05, 2014 05:38PM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments ...But then it sounded again . . . the frequency was not unlike that what brought down the walls of Jericho. Now, Alfred was belittled with fear - the blood rushed through his ears that kept perfect rhythm with each pounding beat of his heart.

message 114: by Paul (last edited Nov 06, 2014 06:30AM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments As such, submitting to a conscious state of self absorbing refection, he mused over passed reflection... and once again having regained purpose of existence, he ventured forth on a personal quest in search of his own Holy Grail... Will Percival's past teachings be of benefit . . . No, it wouldn't, the wicked witch needed to be subdued by persistent reason.

message 115: by Ariel (last edited Nov 06, 2014 05:26AM) (new)

Ariel Brown | 44 comments reason... yes! But where to start? What is that white stone, and why did it sing out like that? And what is that language the crowd are using? Languages have never been my forte'... so how to solve this riddle?

message 116: by Paul (last edited Nov 06, 2014 06:14AM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments A quick glance toward the clouds gave the inspiration of answer. The riddle. Ahh, yes . . . indeed the language provides the answer. It is the ancient language of the witches themselves. To know the language; one must only believe in the witches, - the wind also resonates on the surfaces of the white stone as spoken in the decoded tongue of the witches. But to believe in the witches means submitting to their ways. The tortured mind now wrestled in a retched writhing of seemingly endless confusion. To progress is what must be done. And so he set forth on quest.

message 117: by Ariel (last edited Nov 06, 2014 05:46PM) (new)

Ariel Brown | 44 comments Suddenly, an evil cackle rang out, and looking up I spied the witch on her broom. "Oh clever you!" she laughed, "it is indeed the language of the witches - and your friend Alfred has just been declared High King of the Witches! And do you know what is best of all?" she cackled gleefully. "What!" I replied starting to get angry. "Alfred doesn't remember who he is... or how to speak your language!"
I slumped down where I was... what am I going to do now....? Should I just give in and give her my prize-winning sponge receipe? But if I do... how can I still save Alfred?

message 118: by Paul (last edited Nov 07, 2014 12:41PM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments I knew that notwithstanding all at surface had been lost from poor Alfred's mind, there was a vestige of familiarity. This element of knowing was felt with compulsion of truth. The recognition was instant, and immediately the co-ordinates of place and being became evident. Alfred - still in form of elephant embraced me softly with trunk while I clicked thumb and for-finger. Magically, we were back in the place of normality but the witch had followed in endless curiosity. Feeling sorry for the witch, I covenanted a bargain. 'Witch . . . Now hear my bargain, I offer you knowledge of the sponge-cake recipe on a single capitulation that you eat this piece of sponge...including a taste of the sweet jam filling.'
Her voice crackled in a high pitched wine. 'But why do you strike such a bargain?'
'Because the sweetness shall transcend to imbue within your tortured soul,' said I.
This is what she always had wanted but, until now was unable to recognise through some previous spell that had been vexed upon her. Having agreed she took bite and changed from witch to princess, that she originally once was.

message 119: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (last edited Nov 07, 2014 12:24AM) (new)

Brenda | 65894 comments Mod
(A reminder to all from post #1 - Each person adds a line to the story..)

message 120: by gathering feather (new)

gathering feather organiceden | 83 comments 'Kiss me quick' she exclaimed, 'or I'll turn back into a witch!'

message 121: by Sally906 (last edited Nov 07, 2014 03:53AM) (new)

Sally906 | 6507 comments Kiss you? I don't think so, I'm sure there are laws against that.

I've got a better plan to stop you turning into a witch. Instead of a kiss I can...

message 122: by Paul (last edited Nov 07, 2014 12:54PM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments take your hand . . . so on one knee he did just that, and gestured, with forehead lightly touching her hand - in time with the old melodic Latin tunes in mind, and remarked . . . Beautiful you shall remain...

message 123: by Paul (last edited Nov 07, 2014 12:39PM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments Brenda wrote: "(A reminder to all from post #1 - Each person adds a line to the story..)"

Sorry every one. I just got carried away - love the kinetic involvement.

message 124: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 6507 comments Paul wrote: "take your hand . . . so on one knee he did just that, and gestured, with forehead lightly touching her hand - in time with the old melodic Latin tunes in mind, and remarked . . . Beautiful you shall remain..."
From witching you'll abstain
Instead of magic you'll use your brain
And instead of broom you'll fly in a plane!

BOOM.... There was a flash of light

message 125: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments and a loud deafening shriek

message 126: by Paul (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments that sent the dark mists of malevolence away, to be replaced by a beautifully ubiquitous...

message 127: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Unicorn. It was the most amazing animal anyone had..

message 128: by Paul (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments ever seen - its presence everywhere.

message 129: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 2974 comments There was a soft glow emanating from its horn, and a haunted melody sent its strains softly through the air.

message 130: by Paul (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments The melody was the tune needed to return poor Alfred to his former distinguished and gentlemanly-self.

message 131: by Paul (last edited Nov 12, 2014 06:25AM) (new)

Paul (pbuzz) | 101 comments Now once again together; Prince and Princess along with Alfred - their gentlemanly minder and the unicorn - colloquially known as the protective thimble, are now ready to venture onward.

1 3 next »