chicago readers discussion

Fall reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy (readingkiki) | 18 comments Mod
So what's on your fall to-read list? I'm really looking forward to David Byrne's (of the Talking Heads) book that comes out in September about bicycling around the world.

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Kurz (patriciakurz) | 2 comments Just finished "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy... terrific.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (hylabrook22) "Elegance of the Hedgehog" by Muriel Barbery and "The Portable Dorothy Parker".

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 1 comments Hey Nostradamus by Douglas Coupland at the moment. Realistically though, I will be reading a lot of books this Fall.

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Kurz (patriciakurz) | 2 comments Because I so loved *South of Broad,* I started *Beach Music* also by Pat Conroy. It will take a week or two. Following that, I am back in school full time again so not sure. I had a great reading summer: Don Quijote, Bleak House, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Nigel Slater's *Toast* and a variety of nonfiction writing books (Stephen Minot), some self-help (Pressfield's *The War of Art*, Wayne Dyer **Power of Tao* and Gregg Levoy's "Callings").

message 6: by Naomi V (new)

Naomi V (naomi_v) As soon as I finish the Henry VIII book, which has taken me weeks to get through, I'm going to freshen my palate with a some good fiction. Walter Mosley's The Long Fall or something (anything!) by Glen Duncan, perhaps. Then I'll move on to some more history. The Six Wives of Henry VIII, first

message 7: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee (radioactive_piano) | 2 comments I'm pages away from finishing An Incomplete Education, which seemed appropriate for the little nostalgic student inside of the working adult that I am. After reading so much nonfiction and trying to remember facts I'd forgotten in high school (and never relearned in college), I plan to dive into some of the fiction on my shelf. First up: Fieldwork, then Tomcat in Love.