Knit 1 Read 2 discussion

Children's knitting books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Clare | 1 comments I have a little girl (nearly a year) who I'd love to learn to knit when she's a little older. Obviously she's too young now but do you guys know of any books out there that would be helpful if she shows an interest?

message 2: by Sharon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Sharon | 1 comments This simple Leisure Arts book has very straightforward instructions and projects for teaching kids to knit: Teach a Group of Kids to Knit.

message 3: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 1 comments Kids' Knitting by Melanie Falick is great. The instructions are straightforward and they have a number of good projects, as well.

message 4: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Jessica I know that the Montessori method incorporates knitting into the curriculum for young kids, often starting with simple finger knitting. I haven't poked around looking yet, but I bet you could find Montessori materials that would help you teach her.

message 5: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Brooke I agree Melanie Falick's book is good.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 13 comments There are some patterns I really like in Kath Dalmeny's World of Knitted Toys. The snake in particular is extremely easy - just knitting and perling with a few increases and decreases. My knitting teacher says she used to teach from it when she was teaching knitting to kids in a local Montessori school.