paranormal romances with sexy tortured souls discussion

Please Help

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 231 comments Mod
Over 5,000 dogs are killed everyday in South Korea for there meat. It is believed that to kill a dog slowly and painfully is to improve the quality of the meat, therefore many dogs are subjected to torture before being killed. Please help stop this cruelty.
http://en.uniteddogs.com/stopkillingd...

message 2: by Mackenzie (last edited Aug 24, 2009 03:28PM) (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's horrible. I don't understand how people can justify these actions and still be okay with who they are. :S People don't need to eat meat to survive anymore, now it's just personal preference.. but I think if they're going to eat meat they should at least kill the animal as humanely as possible.

I did sign the petition though.

I signed it too, its absolutely awful. The video made me cry.

message 4: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I didn't watch the video because it upsets me too much, that and I've watched enough animal abuse videos to last a lifetime. It is awful, hopefully the petition makes an impact and this will end.

yeah I hope so. The video didn't really show much abuse but the facts in it were awful. Thats where I learnt about he torture bit from, its sick.

Talking about animal cruelty, did anyone know that when WW1 was over most the horses used were sold off to French butchers. I couldn't believe this. They were doomed from the start. They were heros and after everything they had been through, everything they had survived, against all the odds, to have their lives end that way. Its sick.

message 7: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) You're kidding! They survived all the battles in the war and then were sent off to the butcher?! That is just plain mean and sick. O__O, people work in mysterious ways and sometimes very stupid ways, I'd say this is one of them.. :S

Its terrible isn't it. I was doing a project on the book War Horse for Speech and Drama when I discovered it. I just couldn't believe it.

message 9: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I've never heard of that book before. Wow, that's quite shocking.. I doubt I would ever have learned that if you hadn't told me.

Its by Micheale Morpurgo. He's a children's writer but his books often look at a lot of adult issues.

message 11: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh okay, sounds interesting.. I'll look it up :)