The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > Shameless Plug aka i need your support!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 137 comments Hi all-
I know most of you don't know me. I generally hang out in the seasonal challenge and I participated in last year's holiday exchange. Anyway- I hate to do this is here, but I really need all the help I can get. On November 1st I will be running in the New York City marathon. This is the first marathon I have ever participated in and it also happens to mark the first time I've actively run since elementary school.
I am running this marathon in support of the American Cancer Society. My full story is on my page accessible by the link below. In exchange for training and a place in the marathon I agreed to help raise money for this really important orgainization. Right now I'm only at 25% of my goal. Again, I hate to do this on here but I'm running out of options. If you can't donate I'd still appreciate support, prayers, and good thoughts.
Thanks a bunch,
alyssa

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Det...

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 137 comments oh! i forgot to mention- I willing be wearing in honor of/in memory of ribbons when I run. If you make a donation you may submit a name to me and i will add a ribbon with their name to my uniform.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 176 comments thank you for this cancer awareness be blessed

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Obiora (michael_obiora) | 29 comments Goodluck Alyssa. I recently ran the London 10K, so I'll be thinking of you.

x