Play Book Tag discussion

Stardust
This topic is about Stardust
May 2019: Beautiful > Stardust by Neil Gaiman 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 896 comments Tristran Thorn is half faerie and half human. When Victoria Forester, who Tristran has a crush on, promises him anything he wants if he retrieves a fallen star Tristran ventures into the land of Faerie. I like the main story of Tristran and the star but the story seemed very abbreviated and aimed more towards children than adults, except for the sex scene early in the book, which is why I didn't rate it higher. It was an enjoyable read but not my favorite book by Gaiman.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy | 4936 comments I liked this one a lot! Thought it was fun but eerily touching too...

Hebah (quietdissident) | 363 comments This was my first Neil Gaiman. I love the fairy tale feel of it.

Have you seen the movie? It's delightful though a bit of a departure from the book.

Rachel N. | 896 comments Hebah wrote: "This was my first Neil Gaiman. I love the fairy tale feel of it.

Have you seen the movie? It's delightful though a bit of a departure from the book."

I haven't seen the movie. I didn't even realize there was a movie based on it until the copy I got from the library ended up being the movie tie in edition.

LibraryCin | 4922 comments I listened to the audio. There was an author's note at the end where he said that this was a story meant for adults.