What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Fantasy. Really twisted story. MC did something that made him immortal, friend was jealous. MC could shapeshift.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Brillhart | 7 comments I read this when i was much younger. There was a main char, and heat some point did something that made him immortal, and his best friend was jealous. I believe the main guy could shape shift. There was possibly a queen in it that slept with all the males in her kingdom? AND the best friend ends up throwing the immortal guy into an everlasting well of fire or something at the end. The WHOLE story was twisted and weird though.

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Any idea when you read this? It sounds kind of like Laurell Hamilton's Gentry series but that hasn't been out so long.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin Brillhart | 7 comments I read this an est 15-17 years ago.

message 4: by M— (new)

M— | 379 comments This reminds me a little bit of Elizabeth Haydon's Rhapsody series, but the first of that series only published in 1999.

The Rhapsody character is central to several romances, all the main characters have traveled via a method that rendered them immortal, and at least one of the male characters can change shape (he was at least part dragon). There was for sure a solid best-friend character, but I'm afraid my memory about the climax isn't strong enough to recall the well of fire ending you mention.

message 5: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Hmm, now I seem to recall having read some older fantasy that involved immortal(ish) characters and a well of fire, and some sort of Prometheus-like punishments...

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin Brillhart | 7 comments Oh no, it's not the Rhapsody series, i have that one as well. Miriam, you might be closer with the Prometheus line of thought. This book was extremely weird and gross for my 14 or so mind. I think there was a monk in the story that linked Orgas... with death. I just remember that the author had a messed up imagination to have created a book/series with the story line it had.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Justin, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Justin, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.