Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
This topic is about Shiver
Shiver Discussions > Q&A with Maggie Stiefvater!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (last edited Jul 15, 2013 08:52PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Hello! Our winner for October is Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Ms. Stiefvater has agreed to do a Q&A session with the group in October! She is an old friend of our group and has even lead one of our group book discussions (Stardust). I am real excited about our first author Q&A! More details as it gets closer!

Maggie ended up canceling with us. You can read through the posts to see why.

message 2: by Ann (last edited Aug 24, 2009 03:19PM) (new) - added it

Ann | 177 comments Yay! Cheers to the YA Book Club and Ms. Stiefvater!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Wonderful news. I'll have to make sure to read that book.

Katherine Quarles | 5 comments Yay! I have heard GREAT things about Shiver and about Maggie. Can't wait!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

great news! That book is in the third or fourth spot on my to-read list so I will surely have it finished in time for her discussion!

Choccy That's great. I loved Shiver. It's so beautifully atmospheric.

Natalee (nataleem00) | 43 comments Wow! That's exciting!

Sara YAY!
I LOVED shiver.
Read it very recently! Hope you all enjoy it too!

I'amber (xiamberx) | 2 comments Shiver is now one of my fav. books! :D

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I'amber wrote: "Shiver is now one of my fav. books! :D"

I agree =)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 2 comments Lol, I can't wait till Linger.

message 12: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I'amber wrote: "Lol, I can't wait till Linger."

Me too, I seriously hope it will be just as good or nearly as good. Thats the problem with loving a book so much- you expect a great deal from the second. So I'm both excited but also nervous. I have faith in Maggie though. =)

message 13: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna I just got Shiver tonight (I was on the wait list for 2 months).

Diane (dianes) Shiver is still "on order" at my library, and there are only two copies of Identical- one is missing, the other is out with three holds (I'm number three). I might have to buy that one, or drive a ways to another library.I do have $5 in Borders Bucks!

message 15: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Right now we are looking at October 24th, 7PM EST for Maggie to be present live for one hour!

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thanks for that information Angie. I'm really glad that it's toward the end of the month!

message 17: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I thought that would be best so that people have a chance to read and finish the book.

Leann (likelyleann) | 2 comments Shiver was amazing...I can't wait til the Q & A!

Brigid ✩ OMG! That's so cool! I'm excited. :D
I haven't read Shiver yet; I requested it from the library and I'm waiting for it to come in. *sigh*
But I LOVED Lament. :)

Jennifer (javallone23) | 20 comments Shiver is pretty amazing. I cannot wait as well!!

Diane (dianes) I just bought a copy today! I was #8 on the holds list at my library, and that was too long to wait!

message 22: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I can't wait either and am so excited that Maggie agreed to join us!

Misty | 7 comments I'm excited for this. I loved Shiver, even though I had some issues with it (I really need to review it before I start forgetting things). I found this bit of awesomeness and posted it on my blog to share with the world. It's created by Maggie Stiefvater, and though it's long, it's worth it.

Misty | 7 comments Needless to say, she should be amusing to chat with.

Natalee (nataleem00) | 43 comments I need to get reading! I finally bought it last weekend. I have to finish one or two other books first. I can't wait for the live chat!

message 26: by Brenda (new) - added it

Brenda Yayyyyy!

message 27: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (last edited Mar 08, 2014 12:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Unfortunately Maggie and I had to cancel the chat with our group. I am sorry for anyone who was looking forward to this.

You can read about why she canceled here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...