The Mortal Instruments discussion

BREAKING NEWS!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ cool! i already knew about the fourth book and the movie ... i didn't know about the manga though!!! super awesome!! :D

message 2: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments Good! But the books will be better then the movie and i didnt know about the 4th book!super Excited now! dont wanna waittill 2011 tho.

message 3: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) wow i never knew about that but whats a manga?

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "wow i never knew about that but whats a manga?"

you know ... those japanese comic books where all the ppl have really big eyeballs? :)

message 5: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments Lol!

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ All of these things will be amazing! Especially the manga! Was the thrid book's pic (City Of Glass's Cover) of Alex or Simon?

message 7: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments It was sebastian

message 8: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ that's what i thought ... XD

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ that would be awesome, lol :D

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "wow i never knew about that but whats a manga?"

you know ... those japanese comic books where all the ppl have really big eyeballs? :)"

ok thanx for that

message 11: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "wow i never knew about that but whats a manga?"
you know ... those japanese comic books where all the ppl have really big eyeballs? :)"

So is It like a Comic Book or just people with big eyeballs :P

message 12: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ both?

message 13: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ;D

message 14: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments Me too.

message 15: by Diana Jane (new)

Diana Jane (dees_world) | 44 comments i hope jace and clary are mentioned andnot just the constant complaints from simon. or his never-ending obsession with clary.

message 16: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments I think Clary Should Go With Simon Myself lol i dont like mya

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) it's weird cause i originally read on cassandra clare's website that she was finished with the mortal instruments and wasnt going to write anymore, and now she's writing a 4th... idk i thought all the events from the mortal instruments series were finished... what, will valentine and sebastian turn out not really to be dead? or is this book supposed to kind of stand apart from the other three??

message 18: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments I'm thinking stand apart, especially cuz it's a new POV

message 19: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments whats a pov?

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) "point of view"

and @ allie: so there's not going to be a whole lot of jace & clary, you think? i mean, it's not likely the book will say something like "yeah they totally broke up and are seeing other people..." cause that would SUCK! it's pretty much understood that they're "together" and now the focus has shifted to simon...right?

message 21: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments That's what I think. They might b in it a bit, but it won't be focusing on them, i'm thinking.

message 22: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments oh okay thanks

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) dumb question: you think they'll stay together right? cause cassandra clare said something on her page about how she doesnt write about characters' futures and said something about "not seeing a teen wedding" in the picture. i was wondering if that was a stephenie meyer slam or whether they're just not going to be together...?

message 24: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i think she is probably saying that she doesnt want them to get married while they are teenagers so who knows about when they are older they could still be together

message 25: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments Ya

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) yeah hopefully, i mean who else could they be with, after CITY OF GLASS's ending? that would be completely depressing... or maybe im just too emo :]

message 27: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments Yeah

message 28: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments very true. they pretty much just can't break up. impossible.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) great. thats enough for me :]

message 30: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments So I just finished rereading City of Glass, and found this. "... Talking to a girl in a white dress with a cloud of pale brown hair.... Clary locked eyes with her... There was something familiar about her, though clary couldn't have said what it was."
So, what do u think? It mustve been something. Will she b in the infernal devices mayb, or perhaps city of fallen angels....?

message 31: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments Pg 525

message 32: by Tara (new)

Tara | 17 comments Yeah, I don't think Jonathan's dead. First of all, his body wasn't found, and also, it says about how the war may not be over in the summary of City of Fallen Angels, and it'd make sense if that's because of Jonathan.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Ronna wrote: "Allie wrote: "So I just finished rereading City of Glass, and found this. "... Talking to a girl in a white dress with a cloud of pale brown hair.... Clary locked eyes with her... There was somethi..."

i for one do not usually read fiction (especially fantasy stuff) because it's "realistic." i don't care if people break up a lot and date multiple people, or whatever, in real life. that's why i read FICTION! i want to read about romances that i can actually believe in, like jace & clary. i want to believe in a world where real *genuine* love is possible and can be found at a young age. so if an author went back and did kind of like a "JK!" i would feel just devastated. i look to characters to emulate what is possible, but not always likely, and it makes me believe that maybe sweet things can happen in real life! as dorky as i thought bella and edward were in the TWILIGHT series (and i might be approaching dangerous ground here--sorry!) i absolutely love the idea of two people genuinely in love with each other. and there's no doubt in my mind that even if they got married as teens they'll stay together. is that normal in our "mundane" life? no. but that's part of the appeal, to me. so i do hope jace & clary are different. i hope they really do stick together.

message 34: by Tara (new)

Tara | 17 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "Ronna wrote: "Allie wrote: "So I just finished rereading City of Glass, and found this. "... Talking to a girl in a white dress with a cloud of pale brown hair.... Clary locked eyes with her... The..."

I agree with you about why I read fantasy. I HATE HATE HATE those fictional books that aren't real, but give hypothetical situations anyone could get into. If I wanted DRAMA I could just go to school!!!

message 35: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments I agree! N yes, I ttly dont think jonathans dead...

Anjali *bleh. failing life again.* | 6 comments im guessing none of you guys have genuinely fallen in love yet? *sigh* at least im not the only one...XD

Anjali *bleh. failing life again.* | 6 comments im the only girl in my whoel group of friends that doesnt have a crush on someone or a boyfriend...yet

Anjali *bleh. failing life again.* | 6 comments so its really awesome to read something where anything almost anything is possible...love can actually happen...you know? i get what youre saying and i totally agree

message 39: by Karly (new)

Karly Hayward (motorbikegirl111) | 12 comments Me too

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Awww yay! I was totally prepared for "gah Amelia that's so lame!!!" you guys are the best!

Anjali *bleh. failing life again.* | 6 comments :D
i love the mortal instruments books

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

hey did you finish the last one yet tara

message 44: by Tara (new)

Tara | 17 comments yep!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

what did you think?!!

message 46: by icecheeks411 (new)

icecheeks411 | 13 comments Okay I have been off in my own little homework world for like a month. what's new with Cassandra Clare? Mind filling me in?

message 47: by Neko (new)

Neko (akonojo) | 4 comments thanks Tianna you made my day. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this series

message 48: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments yea here a link to see what the characters look like

http://www.mortalinstruments.com/mort...

i dont know i rally dont like the Jace they have i mean Jace has golden eyes not blue

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! Yay!

message 50: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments he has golden eyes
that part pissed me of

« previous 1