Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Hello from Canada

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (shumpgullion) Hi everyone!

I just joined the group a little while ago so I'd thought I'd say a proper "hello".

I live in Ontario, Canada and along with being a big fan of books I also love all kinds of fiction (TV, movies, theatre...). I wish I could tell you why I particularly enjoy YA so much, but I haven't quite been able to articulate it yet - maybe joining the discussions in this group will help me answer that question for myself. :)

Some of my favourite YA so far includes How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, Everlost by Neal Shusterman, Little Brother by Cory Doctorow and The Lottery by Beth Goobie.

I don't get as much reading in as I'd like to, so I'm hoping being part of the group will also help motivate me to make the time, especially when it comes to the monthly book club selections!

Looking forward to chatting with you all,

Marilyn

message 2: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments Hi Marilyn,

I have also just joined this group and I also cannot put my finger on why I am loving so much YA at the moment.

I suppose it is because they are SO different and interesting concepts to me.

Look forward to hearing if you find any good un's

Fiona

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill (reedye) | 71 comments Welcome Marilyn.
Great titles there. You don't need to tell us, we know ;-) It's just great fiction. The follow up to Everlost is out soon (Everwild). Best, Bill

message 4: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Marilyn wrote: "Hi everyone!

I just joined the group a little while ago so I'd thought I'd say a proper "hello".

I live in Ontario, Canada and along with being a big fan of books I also love all kinds of fic..."

Little Brother was absolutely fantastic, wasn't it?

message 5: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (shumpgullion) Hi Fiona, Bill and Misty

Fiona - Newbies unite! ;) It looks like a great group, doesn't it?

Bill - Oo, I forgot Everwild was imminent! Huzzah!

Misty - Yes, yes it most certainly was.

Thanks for the welcome!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 623 comments Welcome to the group Marilyn!!!

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Welcome Marilyn, from beautiful Canada! Glad you found us!