We are Insane. discussion

What books have you read and hated

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments So everyone talks about what books they have read and liked, well here post books that were terrible.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I used 2 like The Catcher in the Rye, but it makes me feel sick now.

message 3: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments why?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Because the man who murdered john lennon shot him(lennon)4 times in the back, sat down, and proceeded 2 read the Catcher in the Rye until the police arrested him.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 104 comments Mod
Antigone. That was the most depressing thing I've ever read. Everyone either commits suicide or is abandoned.

message 6: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

Catie  | 150 comments Mod
The Iceberg Hermit. AWFUL. Also Hatchet. BADBADBADBAD!!

message 7: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments i no, i didnt like hatchet at all, ugg.

message 8: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

My little sister loved it and has read the second and the third. YUCK!

message 9: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments who old is your sister?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

i h8 hatchet.

message 11: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments I hate when some books start out really good then the ending or the middle or whatever sucked.

message 12: by Diana (new)

Diana | 2 comments So do I.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

duznt every1? like, sum1 says, i loved this book, the good start was amazing, but the sucky ending made me give it 5 stars!

message 14: by Ruchi (new)

Ruchi (ohlookitsruchi) Hmm.
The Twilight Series- incredibly anti feminist.
Gossip Girl- What the hell? Just what the hell?
Artemis Fowl- Maybe I read this too late, but I found it horribly boring. I couldn't even get past four chapters.

Zeppelin wrote: "Hmm.
The Twilight Series- incredibly anti feminist.
Gossip Girl- What the hell? Just what the hell?
Artemis Fowl- Maybe I read this too late, but I found it horribly boring. I couldn't even get pa..."

I didn't mind the Twilight series. It's not my favorite, but it wasn't painful. I've never bothered to read Gossip Girl...or watch the show. I could care less about drama. I never read Artemis Fowl either.

message 16: by Ruchi (new)

Ruchi (ohlookitsruchi) This is a great opening for a Twilight hating session, but I will abstain :P

message 17: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

Do not even get me started about the twilight haters.

message 18: by Ruchi (new)

Ruchi (ohlookitsruchi) Nothing wrong with a little hating ;>

message 19: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments my opinions exactly.

message 20: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

I'm fine with that it's just most of you don't even know what you hate about it!!!

I know exactly what I hate about it.

message 22: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

What.

message 23: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments Does it have anything to do with a certain japanese theatre company?

Juliet wrote: "Does it have anything to do with a certain japanese theatre company?"

If it did, then I would be burning them. XD

Catie, it's all romance...nothing but romance. There's about 2 chapters that have something besides romance, but the romance in those chapters drowns out the little bit of action that we actually get to see.

message 25: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

Okay. I can understand that. I enjoy the romance.

I like romance, just as long as there is enough of other genres to keep the romance from overpowering the story.

message 27: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments i like horror and a lot of other stuff.

message 28: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

See I think there is enough other stuff for you not to be overwhelmed by it there is...
Sacrifice
Loalty
Trusting
Pain
Good vs. Evil
Mythology
History

Sacrifice, Loalty, Trusting, Pain, Good vs. Evil: these are themes, not genres.

Mythology: the Twilight vampires aren't like the vampires of myths at all

History: very, very, very, very, very little history.

message 30: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments if thier was more history then i would like it better

Juliet wrote: "i like horror and a lot of other stuff."

What horror stuff do you like?

message 32: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 62 comments Lois Duncan, Cirque du Freak, oh I cant believe this is happening my mind is a total blank, I can only think of those two right now, sorry.

That's okay. I've had those two recommended to me quite a bit. I think I have a Lois Duncan book that I stole from my brother (he owns so many books, but NEVER READS! It's such a waste) and I've been meaning to read it.

message 34: by Summer (new)

Summer | 11 comments lol. I haven't read twilight and I don't think I'd like it very much from what your saying rachel. in contrast I loved Hatchet. I like survival shows in stuff. just crazy like that. but I hated the Uglies series! so random, repetitive, and long with out a whole lot of stuff I found usefull. goodness! I got to Specials for clossure.

message 35: by Jacki (new)

Jacki Juliet wrote: "Lois Duncan, Cirque du Freak, oh I cant believe this is happening my mind is a total blank, I can only think of those two right now, sorry."

cirque du freak is awesome!! XDDD

message 36: by Jacki (new)

Jacki i do too but the more i see the trailers, the more it looks likes its gonna suck because its so different from the books

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) hiii im amelia :DD
i hated catcher in the rye and like every single greek tragedy play/book i've ever had to read! hmmm the last book i read and just absolutely HATED was wicked lovely but i try really hard not to read a book if i think i wont like it!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like the 4th book in A Series of Unfortunate Events . The Miserable Mill is what it's called! I love the other books, but that book was a waste of my time!!!!!!!

Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "hiii im amelia :DD
i hated catcher in the rye and like every single greek tragedy play/book i've ever had to read! hmmm the last book i read and just absolutely HATED was wicked lovely but i try r..."

Ugh--Greek tragedies. Antigone has scarred me for life.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) hahaha i had to read oedipus rex last year...eww.

We had a narrative version of that in our freshman year summer reading so that we could understand Antigone. Oedipus has also scarred me for life.

message 42: by Amelia, free market Puritan (last edited Oct 18, 2009 03:38PM) (new)

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) man those greeks were messed up! i can do the myths, the heroes, and the gods/goddesses, but not those tragedy plays!!! ugghhh
my mom, who is an english teacher, says it like this [im not kidding:]: if it's greek, and it's not in the Percy Jackson series, it's not important!

I love the myths so much. The Greeks had problems. That's all I learned from reading Antigone.

message 44: by Summer (new)

Summer | 11 comments b4 anybody had these issues with catcher in the rye was it good?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

no. it made me sick before i read it because i knew the bad stuff b4 i read it. i wanted 2 c if it was any good. i liked the idea b4 i learned the bad stuff. then i learned the bad stuff. i cant read it w/o feeling physically ill.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "hiii im amelia :DD
i hated catcher in the rye and like every single greek tragedy play/book i've ever had to read! hmmm the last book i read and just absolutely HATED was wicked lovely but i try r..."

y do u h8 catcher in the rye?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Catie *Godess of Drama* wrote: "I'm fine with that it's just most of you don't even know what you hate about it!!!"

i have one huge reason y i h8 catcher in the rye.

message 48: by Summer (new)

Summer | 11 comments why? and bad stuff? don't go into detail if its *that* kind of bad stuff.

message 49: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

I liked it

message 50: by Catie , Well I had to be the Goddess of something! (new)

Of course I love all sorts of weird books. The weirder the better.

« previous 1