Recipes Galore discussion

Pasta Plates > lime garlic shrimp pasta.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (foshis) | 2 comments i do this in my dorm a lot for the girls on my floor.

1 bag shell noodles. or box of any pasta roni. serves 4-6

8 small/ med frozen shrimp per person.
1 jalepnio peper per person. chopped
1 clove garlic per person minced or crushed
2 tbs lime juice
2 tbs spoons butter seperated 1tbs
1. cook noodles acording to package directions.

2 in seprate pan you must cook the chirmp for each person individually otherwise the shrimp will not cook to be tender. pull off tails and 1 tbs butter let melt.
3. add shrimp cook for 30-45 seconds and move to plate.
4. add other butter let melt then add lime juice pepper and the garlic. after 1 minute add shrimp and sautee for 30 seconds.
5 plate all the contents of pan on pasta and begin again.

message 2: by Petra (last edited Aug 25, 2009 02:46PM) (new)

Petra Yum! I make something similar to this with mixed seafood (whatever I have around).

Saute a few anchovies (to taste) in a bit of oil. The anchovies will "melt" under heat and dissolve completely. Add onions and garlic. Saute until the onions sweat. Add mushrooms and peppers (and any jalapenos, if desired). When these are done, add the mixed seafood (shrimp, fake/real crab, scallops, diced tuna steak, etc.....any combination or single variety will work). When done, add some lemon or lime juice. The ingredients will make a sauce of their own with their juices. Season to taste.
Top over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

message 3: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Oh! Yummy, Chelsea...that sound amazing, as does the variation of it, Petra!

Thank you for posting!

:)

message 4: by Pat (new)

Pat | 1 comments These sound great. I'm saving the recipe for next week. The lime garlic shrimp pasta with the anchovies should be perfect.