This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

when people grow out their fingernails

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Men or Women. It's gross-looking.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) Agreed.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh god. I've been looking for nail clippers for days. And I keep forgetting to buy them and then I stopped on the way home from a friend's house last night at a convenient store and they were out! My nails are getting long and unwieldy. Ew. I keep them short. And never bite them! Gross, gross, gross! I hate how it feels.

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments When guys do it, I always assume they're coke fiends, or homeless, or both.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

What about lazy? Wait, which Hater had the roommate who never washed their rank sheets?

message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments re: #4

I'm not really sure how a homeless guy would maintain that habit, but that's immaterial.

message 7: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell description

message 8: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Yuck Dave.

message 9: by Kasia (new)

Kasia But back to the fingernails, I wish I could grow out mine. But I cannot, mine are short as hell but they still brake and split. I hate my nails. And I hate people who grow out theirs, not because it's nasty (although it can be as you've pointed out) but because I'm envious. Very envious. I.want.long.nails.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments no, Kasia. NO. Long nails are GROSS and no one should want them.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia You're crashing my dreams.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Well if you really want nails go get acrylics!! I'm sure they have those in Poland right?
Follow your gross dreams!

message 13: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Eh, I'm too lazy for acrylics, you have to glue those on, right? That's just too much work.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No, Kasia. You drive your lazy ass to the nail salon and a lovely, gentle Asian lady does it for you. At least, that's how it works where I live.

message 15: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Oh boy, I'm not a nail salon kind of person, I'm not even a hair salon kind of person. First chick-lit now this, Gretchen what are you trying to do to me!!!

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kasia! I hate chick-lit. I hate long nails.
I'm trying to tell you NOT to grow your nails. I thought the acrylic nail thing would be so repulsive that you'd see how silly it is to be jealous of people with creepy long nails. Sheesh!

(What is it the language barrier or something?)

message 17: by Kasia (new)

Kasia or something or my latest strategy: when you did something wrong always blame the person next to you.

So you realize I just could not admit that I felt like reading chick-lit. No no. Never admit a thing like that. Blaming Gretchen for my latest peeve is a much better idea. Same applies to the fake acrylic nails. Horrible concept right? And I cannot be the one with that crap glued to my hands. So, why not twist it around and throw it back at Gretchen, let her worry. That's what I think.

message 18: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I didn't see that backfire.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah! Why is my kitchen so fucking messy right now, Kasia? It's my freaking birthday, you know. You owe me.

message 20: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Why did you want me to clean your kitchen Tambo? You know, you simply should have said that. I cannot read minds.

And Bunny, so sorry. Do warm compresses help?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I want you to clean my kitchen, Kasia.

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I want you to pull the weeds in my backyard, Kasia.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Help me move?

message 24: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Where are you moving to? Or is it just off the couch?

message 25: by Kasia (new)

Kasia PS. There also another rule that I abide, Gretchen, Montambo. And that is: if something is inconvienient, bugs me, or I just don't want to deal with it - I'm going to IGNORE it.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm moving from Gresham to Portland.

message 27: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ugh. I hate the packing, the unpacking, moving all the crap, but later arranging furniture in the new place is FUN FUN FUn. I like that part.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

The worst part is deep cleaning the old place. Yuck. You just want to get the hell out and get to your new place where all your stuff is, now. Waiting to be arranged.

message 29: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Sarah, where in PDX are you headed? When are we finally going to see each other at the M&M?

message 30: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I hate packing but I LOVE unpacking. Or maybe love isn't the right word. I must unpack everything immediately or I can't sleep. (that's not really love is it?)

message 31: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu Define "grow out". The fingernails on my right hand are rather long--but I'm a classical guitarist, so it's necessary.

message 32: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments it may be necessary but it looks gross.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristina, let's go soon! Then I'll fill you in.

message 34: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Matt, they make these things called "guitar picks". You might wanna look into that.

message 35: by Jini (new)

Jini Can I just say that the woman in the picture - who held the world record for longest nails according to Guinness - lost those nails in a car accident this year?

Ha fucking ha!

message 36: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Did she also lose the crazy?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds painful!!

I assume she wasn't driving?

message 38: by Jini (new)

Jini I don't think she was. I don't see how she could do anything at all with them.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

They're estupido. She gave herself a handicap! She was the first person to be UN-handicapped by a car wreck.

message 40: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments HAH!

message 41: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Within the first 45 seconds of this video, we get two of our favorites here at THC:

A Hippie with long fingernails

Wait for it Gretchen...close up of the nails.

message 42: by Kasia (last edited Aug 28, 2009 02:08PM) (new)

Kasia Ha! Make that 3 of our "favorites". Dreadlocks (and on a white guy), the horror.

On a side note, I'm digging the music!!! Thanks Harry.

message 43: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) I know this is the wrong place, but I love that dreadlocked hipppie with long finger nails.

Back to the hate... I bet he smells awful. He's probably also so "green" that he wouldn't even drive a Prius.

message 44: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hey, Matt! Is that what your fingernails look like? If so, cut them!

message 45: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Harry wrote: "He's probably also so "green" that he wouldn't even drive ..."

I get that feeling too, he's probably bicycle kind of guy.

Oh, God. I hope he's not one of them freegans.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Shit, I forgot to comment on this one! I like long nails! I used to have mine in that style… painted in sky blue! It was hot! Chicks dig it!

message 47: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments you're high.

message 48: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I don't claim to be an authority on what chicks dig, but, REALLY?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Usually when I say chicks dig it I’m being sarcastic… in this case I don’t know man that shit actually got me some action so I don’t know…

message 50: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I don't believe you for one minute. Long nails did NOT get you any action. just quit it.

« previous 1