Ink in My Veins discussion

Random Stuff > What do you look like?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

soo u can change ur pic or let other peope guess( if they alread dont know) u can also post a link 4 a diffrent wesite ok that it!

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments <--

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

she's pointing to her picture . . .to explain what she looks like

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 338 comments yeah ...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I look like my profile pic, but you can't really see my face.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

oh

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ok i havent been online alot b/c of stupid school!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

My picture is hard to see because it was taken on my phone, but that's what I look like.

message 9: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 361 comments Ummm on my profile pic I'm the blonde.

message 10: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 361 comments Thats not a very good pic but whatevs

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) Hi I'm Christa, and I'm a 17 year old high school senior. I'm petite with fair skin and sandy blonde hair, and my eyes are similar to a cobalt blue. I don't have any freckles but I do have a few small moles on my neck and arms. That's about all...

message 14: by S.R.R. (new)

S.R.R. Colvin (srrcolvin) | 24 comments ← yep, I look like the picture over there.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

WOW. you are a published author. you are kinda different than the other authors who join our group. Most do not participate.

message 16: by S.R.R. (new)

S.R.R. Colvin (srrcolvin) | 24 comments I'm not here to sell a book. I do have needs, though. For example: I am reading a book that is sucking the life out of me. I am looking around for a different read. I'd much rather hear from others than swim through a sea of books at a bookstore or an online bookstore looking something I may end up not liking.

message 17: by Niki (new)

Niki Would you mind reading one of my stories? I'd love to get a published author's opinion of it! I mean, it's not as good as something you could get at Barnes' and Noble's, but still. I'd really really really love some feedback on it.

Oh, and if you haven't read Life Expectancy, you should read that. It may not be your usual genre, but it is freaking hilarious. It's by Dean Koontz.

message 18: by S.R.R. (new)

S.R.R. Colvin (srrcolvin) | 24 comments I do like Dean Koontz.

As for being a published author, I'm am self-published with iUniverse. I played the agent/publisher game for years and never could get past the query letter. I kept getting turned down and no one had ever even read the manuscript. SOOOOOOOOO, I'd had enough.

I sent my manuscript to a published children's author whom I paid hundreds of dollars to edit. She did and agreed it was a viable story.

Not satisfied, I made the suggested changes and sent the manuscript to an Doubleday author who agreed to edit it from a different perspective. She did and also received hundreds of my hard earned dollars.

I made the suggested changes (the ones I agreed with) and decided to self-publish. That's what I did.

I attended a writing conference in Austin, TX a couple of years ago and was mortified when I sat through the "Success Panel." This was a group of published authors who took questions from the audience and gave answers on how they had made it in the business. One panel member said she had a friend who knew the wife of a publishing company head. The wife mentioned the friend's friend to her hubby and the he said, "Okay, we'll publish it," without ever reading a word. That's how fickle it all is. I'm working my backside off and she "knew somebody."

I'm too old for those kinds of games.

Go to Barnes and Noble online or amazon online and look inside my book and read a bit. If you like what you see, and still want me to read your work, I'd be glad to.

(in a rush - no type to check for typos)

message 19: by Niki (new)

Niki Yeah, I just took a look at it. I definitely like your style, I think it was perfect for the audience you were trying to reach! So if you could read a chapter or two (or more, if you like it) of Angel For Hire, that would be awesome. I'd love to know what you think of it!

Here's the link...

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/5...

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 95 comments I write mine all longhand, so I couldn't really have you read my work...

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 95 comments all except my NaNo which is the worst I've ever written, but if you still want to read it, here it is:

I think the last chapter was the best so far =P

message 22: by S.R.R. (new)

S.R.R. Colvin (srrcolvin) | 24 comments I'll jump on it in the morning. It's time for the elderly to be asleep. I'm in Minot, ND until Christmas so it's 7:45 at night here.

message 23: by Niki (new)

Niki Cool!

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 95 comments S.R.R. wrote: "I'll jump on it in the morning. It's time for the elderly to be asleep. I'm in Minot, ND until Christmas so it's 7:45 at night here."

ok =D Thanks

message 25: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 553 comments Holly wrote: "Would you mind reading one of my stories? I'd love to get a published author's opinion of it! I mean, it's not as good as something you could get at Barnes' and Noble's, but still. I'd really re..."

Holly. you should stop putting yourself down. your stories are seriously better than some of the stuff i read. Im not even trying to boost your self asteem here. I have a straight face and everything. and i am too tired for sarcasm. your stories are great and like i said before, i look up to you in a way.
I just wish that you'd stop putting your stories down cuz it actually makes me sad.

message 26: by S.R.R. (new)

S.R.R. Colvin (srrcolvin) | 24 comments I'm still reading Angel for Hire. You've already messed up my make-up, getting me all watery eyed. What I've read is brilliant.

Great opening line — grabs the reader and makes him/er (him or her) want to know more right away. I like 1st person, actually I prefer it as a way to make the story more personal. I regret that I've not used it in any of my writing.

I love the way you paint the opening scene and that your character's personality is clear within four paragraphs!

I could go on and on, but I think I've already highjacked the thread which started out as "What do you look like?"

Great writing, Holly!!!

message 27: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 553 comments S.R.R. wrote: "I'm still reading Angel for Hire. You've already messed up my make-up, getting me all watery eyed. What I've read is brilliant.

Great opening line — grabs the reader and makes him/er (him or ..."

Dont worry about the whole off-topic thing.
nearly every topic in the groups im in is off topic.
seriously i think the only one that is still in topic is Just Chat becuase for obvious reasons.
Im suprised this topic lasted as long as it did.

message 28: by S.R.R. (new)

S.R.R. Colvin (srrcolvin) | 24 comments Maria-G.Weasley/INeedsMentalHelpOhLookAFlyingCooki wrote: "all except my NaNo which is the worst I've ever written, but if you still want to read it, here it is:

I think the last chapter was the best so f..."

Maria-G.Weasley/INeedsMentalHelpOhLookAFlyingCooki wrote: "I write mine all longhand, so I couldn't really have you read my work..."

I like it! Your writing style reminds me of Terry McMillan.

And I like talking critters! Gabriel is a great character. I have a talking gopher in my middle-grade novel named Digby (he digs, ya know).

I'm off to do some marketing work for a client . . .

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 95 comments thanks for spending the time to read it!