Quarterly Books > Girl's Guide to Witchcraft, Sept. 09

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Book Choice #1 for September

message 2: by Stacy (new)

Just an FYI for anyone that doesn't know - this is the first in a three book series.

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments I read this a few months ago it was really good. For some reason it took me a bit to get into it, but really enjoyed it once I did.

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Alicia wrote: "I read this a few months ago it was really good. For some reason it took me a bit to get into it, but really enjoyed it once I did."

I liked it a lot too. I have the other two in the series, I just need to work them in somehow...

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments I've read all of them- they're a lot of fun, but I agree that it took a little while to get into them (and sometimes I would get so annoyed with the main character). The witchcraft stuff was really interesting, though, and I LOVED Neko the cat-man.

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Yes! I remember Neko! That character was hilarious!

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments I just wanted to check in and see what others said about this book because same for me I was having a bit of a hard time getting into the book but kept looking forward to the witchcraft stuff so that kept me speeding through the pages...I think I'm about halfway done..I'm reading on my iTouch so sometimes its hard for me to tell how much I actually have left:) but it's a cute story...what's up with her imaginary boyfriend though?!?! Just talk to him already!

message 8: by Stacy (new)

I remember having some difficulties staying interested in this story at times, but overall, I liked it enough to want to read the rest of the series.

message 9: by Tara (new)

Tara Cathy wrote: "I just wanted to check in and see what others said about this book because same for me I was having a bit of a hard time getting into the book but kept looking forward to the witchcraft stuff so t..."

I haven't read that one yet. You will have to let me know how it is Cathy. I read books on my itouch to. :)

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Tara wrote: "Cathy wrote: "I just wanted to check in and see what others said about this book because same for me I was having a bit of a hard time getting into the book but kept looking forward to the witchcr..."

Cool! Don't you love it? I feel like I can read faster on my iTouch because it's less overwhelming being on a smaller page and then I can just flip flip...what do yo thihnk? Is it just an illusion?

I'm almost done with the Witch book...I'm still holding out for more something...substance?

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara Cathy wrote: "Tara wrote: "Cathy wrote: "I just wanted to check in and see what others said about this book because same for me I was having a bit of a hard time getting into the book but kept looking forward t..."

I feel the same way Cathy. I love reading on my iTouch. No illusion! You're right, it is less overwhelming and I seem to get through the book faster.

message 12: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I've tried to read this book twice now and both times I lost interest and put it down. I have all 3 books of her series though so maybe I will give this one more try.

message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments So I finally finished this book Saturday...it was a battle though getting to the end...by the end I guess I felt closer to the characters...enough to still be interested in trying out the sequels but overall I wasn't really satisfied with the book..it's like it jumped all over the place and wasn't real well-defined for me...like it needed more character development and more thickness to the plot...I don't know...let me know if any of you pick it back up...

message 14: by Stacy (new)

Cathy wrote: "So I finally finished this book Saturday...it was a battle though getting to the end...by the end I guess I felt closer to the characters...enough to still be interested in trying out the sequels b..."

LOL, that's probably why it's been a couple of years since I've read it and haven't gotten to the next one in the series yet! :)