Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Self Promotion Tips > Author Websites for $10 A Year

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (last edited Aug 24, 2009 07:02AM) (new)

Trisha Barnes | 22 comments Mod
Fellow authors: I received a question from a member about websites and thought I'd share it with everyone. I was asked where my website design was done and what service I used... I've used the Google Apps service for almost two years now. It's $10 a year and INCLUDES domain registration. I can't emphasize how important it is for authors to have their own web presence. I know for a fact that it's made a big difference in my sales and my exposure. Once I added Google Analytics to my site (free tracking), I found out that on an average day I have over 45 new "views" of my site, which pages are most popular, and even where in the world those views are coming from! It's a perfect way to look professional without spending a lot. Google "google apps" and go from there. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it isn't for everyone... but like I said, I've been very successful with it. You can see one of mine at www.trishabarnes.net Good luck.

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Twead (victoriatwead) Hi Trisha,
I so agree with you how important an author website is. The Google Analytics sounds excellent, but for those who already have a domain, I could also recommend www.statcounter.com. It's free, invisible and has no adverts. And, like yours, it tells you everything. Like how many visits, which pages were looked at, how long spent on each page, keywords used to find your site, where in the world they came from, what they had for breakfast, etc etc. Mind-boggling but useful!

Victoria
Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
[image error]