Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Moderator Updates > "Tips..." Anniversary

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Barnes | 22 comments Mod
Well, everyone, it's almost been a year since I started this group and from the beginning there was a lot of interest. I believe that as writers we also must wear the hat of promoter and advertiser at times -- for our books and for ourselves.

It looks like my own PR attempts have paid off so well that I've been so busy with my book and the upcoming sequel that I may have neglected this group a bit... my apologies. To help with two issues very important to the success and maintenance of this group, I've asked two Goodreads members and contributors to help moderate with me. I'd like to introduce Robin Sullivan and Rowena Cherry -- both well-known in the Goodreads community for their comments and insight. Together, my hope is that we will be able to organize the great info in the group a bit better, and occasionally remind Posters who get a bit off topic. Expect some category and post arrangement -- remember, while we reorganize this welath of information, we're not stepping on any toes on purpose!

We started with about 5 members the first week, and now we're closing in on almost 600. The information in this group works. Way to go!

message 2: by K.G. (new)

K.G. Cummings (kgcummings) | 143 comments Trisha, good to read words from you. Congratulations on your success, and very good choices in your moderator assistants. Welcome Robin and Rowena!
kgcummings... Kathy

message 3: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 334 comments Mod
Thank you for the welcome, Trisha and Kathy.

message 4: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 16 comments I'm going to be coming back here more often. I didn't know this group even existed until a few months ago!

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice (goodreadscomalicerene) Welcome, Karey. This is a great group ... lots of information and support.

message 6: by Alice (new)

Alice (goodreadscomalicerene)
Robin and Rowena,

Thank you for taking charge of the group. I know you'll be great.

message 7: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 16 comments Thanks, Alice.

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 460 comments Congrats Rowena & Robin :]