The Book Club for Fun, Fabulous Females!!! discussion

The Time Traveler's Wife > Book vs. Movie

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (briteeyes) | 110 comments Mod
So I've seen the movie but haven't read the book yet... we'll see if it's the same or similar... I've heard from people who have done both that it's pretty close.... what do you all think?

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 19 comments I saw the movie last night after reading the book last week on my flight to San Diego. I enjoyed the book (of course some of the jumping around in time made it a bit tricky to follow) and the movie was good. Having just read the book it was very fresh in my memory and I would almost get bummed out when the scenes weren’t in the same order as the book. I think they were pretty close to the plot, some of the things they changed seemed a bit odd; mother’s death, removing entire characters, hyperthermia incident but most importantly I like the ending of the book WAY better than the movie. All in all though I think they did a decent job in making this movie.

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (briteeyes) | 110 comments Mod
ok good! because I'm reading the book right now and I already saw the movie.... and I was definitely crying at the end but I still felt like the ending wasnt the greatest... so now i'm looking forward to finishing the book!!!

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 19 comments Oh yeah I definitely choked up at the end only trying to hide because I'm on a plane and I didn't want to cause a scene :)