Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Episode 10/ Season 2: New World in My View

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 23, 2009 10:20PM) (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Classic! I loved it! Things that stuck out for me:

Miss Fortenberry's mode of focus: playing Bill's Wii??? She was hilarious!

Jason's momentary distraction: "There's a new waitress at Merlotte's?"

Lettie Mae's shock at Lafayette reciting part of her intercessory prayer, and Lafayette's response to her shock: "Jesus and I agreed to see other people; now that don't mean we don't still talk from time to time." I can relate.

Jason's tactical prowess: "If we're gonna get outta here we're gonna need an even bigger divergence."

Jason's and Andy's "divergence" (LOL!): "Silence! It is me: The God Who Comes! Ha ha ha! I have come and now I am here!"

I was puzzled by the "power" Sookie displayed with Maryann. It was cool, but WTF?

Once we know where he's going, I wonder at Bill's insistence that he go see the Queen alone. Is he keeping Sookie from Sophie-Anne on purpose, or am I prematurely reading too much into that conversation?

message 2: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Great eps. but it ended 15 minutes early! What is that about!?
My favorite part is the opening dream...aawww I heart Eric! lol I'm such a dork.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` Cassidy wrote: "Great eps. but it ended 15 minutes early! What is that about!?
My favorite part is the opening dream...aawww I heart Eric! lol I'm such a dork. "

lol I loved that part as well.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 73 comments i loved lafayette "this has to be the worst intervention ever" that cracked me up. Also there wasn't enough Eric, hopefully next week!

message 5: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) There were SO many good parts in this episode Im going to have to watch it again tomorrow to remember it all!

Terry was just hysterical tonight! I love terry, but this was just too much.

Jason and Andy...and then Sam comming out in just the apron! I think that was the hardest I laughed all night.

Maryann was BAD tonight. WTF is up with the meat statue? and look, carl is back.

I have a few favorite lines from tonight. Top one for now...

"What were you dreamin about?"

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone know why it was only a 45 minute episode? I was so disappointed that it ended early. Also, I cannot believe that Jessica bit Hoyt's mom - that can't be good for their relationship!

Meredith Barrons | 22 comments Gosh, only 2 minutes of Eric at the beginning?!?

I have to say that I crack up everytime Jason goes Rambo. I think the music that comes on is what cracks me up the most! It was so funny when him and Andy pretended to be the maenad, and then Sam coming out in the apron and nothing else with his butt hanging out! : )

I am still praying that we get to see Eric at some sort of orgie with Sookie while Bill is away talking to the queen. Doesn't look like that is going to happen though!

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Sookies power over the Maenad is that she was attacked and survived. I think it is ultimately Sookie who will kill Marryanne. Sookie has been attacked and survived, and built up a resistance maybe even an ability to strike back at the Maenad. At first I thought it was her fairy blood. But that would have saved her in the first attack by the Maenad. I forget which part of the books it is that the vamps figure Sookie has fairy blood and they start liking the smell of her.

message 9: by cjbt57 (new)

cjbt57 Loved this episode! But I'm wondering where they're going with Bill's story: is he going to be working undercover for the Queen? Is he going to "betray" Sookie? It doesn't look like it.

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments I was really disappointed in how short it was too. We only have 2 episodes left....*sad*.

1. I knew that was a dream, but it was very sweet and Eric looked so sad.

2. Jason was awesome tonight! LOVED his version of the "God who comes!"

3. Lafayette is such a good cousin. He's so cute too. I just adore him. I was really touched when he finished the prayer.

4. Andy...."last drink ever..." Too funny.

5. LOL@Mrs. Fortenberry coming on to Jason. He looked so scared.

6. Maryanne should have picked some smarter minion. Too funny when that lady got distracted by the "for a good time call..." instead of calling Maryanne.

7. I think what will be the end of Maryanne will definitely involve Sookie and her mysterious new power. I also think it's got something to do with the power of love. Maryanne is everything that is evil and bad. When Terry thought Arlene was going to be hurt, he was able to see through the haze somewhat...and so did Tara when her mom and Lafayette were praying. Sookie was defending Bill when she did that little trick. It's love!

message 11: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Jena wrote: "Does anyone know why it was only a 45 minute episode? I was so disappointed that it ended early. Also, I cannot believe that Jessica bit Hoyt's mom - that can't be good for their relationship!"

I have no idea but it was really frustrating to end so early. I guess whatever happens next needs to be in the next eps to keep going. But they're introducing the Queen of Louisiana so that is probably a big reason why they can't end with showing her. That introduction needs a full eps.

message 12: by Cary (last edited Aug 24, 2009 08:30AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Right Bill is going to betray Sookie. I highly doubt that. I rather more think that Sookie will betray Bill. She already has in her thoughts. Obviously Bill knows the Queen for some reason or another. What I don't understand is if Bill is in the Queens personal employ. Why he needs to take any pushing around from Eric at all. Possibly the Queen doesn't want Eric to know about Bill just yet. Way back in the episode where Bill was flashing back to his days with Lorena and he held the parculiar red book about ancient demons, and gods. I knew that book had signifigance. Bill flashed back to it again in this last episode,and realized they where dealing with a Maenad. Like I have always thought Bill is intelligent, and resourceful. What knowledge he hopes to gain from Sophie Anne I do not know. Because I think Sookie is the key to desrtoying the Maenad.

message 13: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Well in the books Bill does betray Sookie by the Queens orders, it may just come out this way instead of what happens in the books. Which they can not do because it involved Hurricane Katrina. This seems like the opening they need to bring in the Queens involvement with Bill. Eric isn't involved but finds out. If Sookie leaves Bill for the betrayal, which she does, then the link between her and Eric has already been made so it wont be out of left field is she hooks up with him. LOL does any of that make sense? I'm trying not to spoil to much for those that haven't read it.
Sookie doesn't betray Bill, she finds out his secrets. Bill is fighting Eric really hard to keep in out so that makes me think he's afraid Eric with find out and tell Sookie. And you know he would to try and win her away from Bill!

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 73 comments Ya, im thinking it will be revealed that the only reason Bill is in bon temps was to get involved with Sookie and use her talents. Unless they don't follow the book.

message 15: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Leslie wrote: "Ya, im thinking it will be revealed that the only reason Bill is in bon temps was to get involved with Sookie and use her talents. Unless they don't follow the book."

I'm with you.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Leslie wrote - Ya, im thinking it will be revealed that the only reason Bill is in bon temps was to get involved with Sookie and use her talents. Unless they don't follow the book.

I really hope that they don't reveal this yet. Bill's Betrayal was such a shocker (I couldn't believe it when I read it in the book) and I think that it would be best if they saved that for a cliffhanger at the end of the 3rd season - we don't want too much too soon.

message 17: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I thought this episode was uber boring and I had to watch it twice because I accidentally turned the tv off and I had rewound it =(

I did like the beginning with her and Eric even though I knew it was a dream.

I about cracked up when Tara said "You tried to kill yourself? I don't blame you with your fucked up life." Like, pot meet kettle! Lafayette saying "this is the one time you should listen to a white man, Tara". LMAO.

I didn't think Bill meant SOPHIE ANN would be the one to help them.

Jason is officially my hero. I think he is smoking hot. And I'm sorry but I laughed when Bill bit Maryanne and ended up foaming at the mouth and Sookie was like I'm calling Eric!! HAHA!

Yeah, I hope next week's is better. This was a real snore fest for me.

message 18: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Lettie Mae's shock at Lafayette reciting part of her intercessory prayer, and Lafayette's response to her shock: "Jesus and I agreed to see other people; now that don't mean we don't still talk from time to time." I can relate.

@ Sarah, I can TOTALLY relate. That's exactly how I feel about it.

message 19: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sarah wrote: "Jason's and Andy's "divergence" (LOL!): "Silence! It is me: The God Who Comes! Ha ha ha! I have come and now I am here!"

I had to rewind it a couple of times. That was HILARIOUS. I thought he said the Guy Who Comes.

Terry": "Bullshit. The God has horns!"

"what is he saying? i can't hear with this thing on" - Jason
"smite me, motherfucker!" - Sam

message 20: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Leslie wrote: "i loved lafayette "this has to be the worst intervention ever" that cracked me up. Also there wasn't enough Eric, hopefully next week!"

That cracked me up too because he was right! He slapped the hell out of her but she just kept up the chant.

And what was up with whatever Sookie did to Maryanne. It was like she was high after she touched her. She's all 'what are you? ahhahahahahaa". LOL

message 21: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments I didn't like whatever the hell happened between Sookie and Maryann. I mean, what was that? REALLY? !
They better not introduce *SPOILER* the fairy blood just yet /*SPOILER*

message 22: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Just watched it!

First thing, Eric. More please. Moving on...

The meat sculpture is positively disgusting. And Karl's eyes were not black! He's a willing participant, the freak.

Maxine playing Wii was hilarious. I so did NOT blame Jessica for letting go on the woman. Good gods, at least weaken her to shut her up. A little blood drain is fine by me!

Although I can't imagine a more BLATANT trap than the one Andy and Sam walked into, I did crack up at Andy with the flashlight in one hand, bottle of booze in the other. Real class act, that Andy.

Seeing Terry in military mode was quite hilarious. The actor showed a whole new side of the character that was phenomenal.

Tara's evil laugh while she was still under the spell had me cracking up.

Bill and Sookie also get dumb-dumb awards for willfully walking straight into danger. I know it's your house, honey. But isn't Bill at least smart enough to know back-up might be needed? Since he refuses to go to the sheriff, I guess not.

WHAT WAS the weird FLASH when Sookie touched Maryanne? I'm feeling a tv show change that I'm NOT going to approve of. If it's related to her survival, okay. If they start introducing new weird powers, not cool.

Andy & Jason and the flares and branches. Hilarious and embarrassing all at once. I too love Jason in problem-solver Rambo mode. Stupid Puppy manages to make everything okay.

Smite me. Lol. Oh, poor Sam. Not the best back-up he could hope for, but they're loyal!

Sam, an apron, a fire extinguisher, and his cute lil ass. Fab.

The entire final sequence was one of the coolest of the season. The entrance to the Queen's compound with its ponds and secret service, Bill's strut, the camera angles, the music, the decor...all beautifully done.

But I have to say it. It was never clearer to me than in this episode: Anna cannot act. She is too flat. When she's not flat, she's whiny. She cannot carry off "concerned" without seeming infinitely stupid and detached. In the scene where she's telling Jason to be careful, and after she got through to Tara, she was saying words, but not conveying the emotions. Everyone else is doing a great job at bringing the terror, fear, frustration and exultation to life. Anna is phoning it in. . She seems to think head tilts equal emotion. She is incapable of projecting depth.

That said, who's looking forward to Eric in a suit!? Yum.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Christy wrote: "Maryanne should have picked some smarter minion. Too funny when that lady got distracted by the "for a good time call..." instead of calling Maryanne."

I guess I wasn't really paying attention 'cause I had no clue what Jane Bodehouse was doing the first time I watched this episode. "For a good time call Peanut!" Hahahaha!!!!

Christy wrote: "Andy...."last drink ever..." Too funny."

I also missed that one the first time around; I wonder if he really means it. :-)

Ranata wrote: "I had to rewind it a couple of times. That was HILARIOUS. I thought he said the Guy Who Comes."

You know, I think you're right. LOL! I just watched this episode again, and it totally sounds like Jason's saying "guy" instead of "god", which is way funnier!

message 24: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Hey Michielle M. :) In an interview with Anna she said she was asked to play the part that way. It really annoys me at times, like she's the only one acting and the rest of the cast just "are" these characters. Maybe they're planning on her character to go through a change later on, like after all the hurt and further near death experiences her personality starts to evolve maybe? lol I guess we'll see. :)

message 25: by Sarah (last edited Aug 24, 2009 08:51PM) (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Cary wrote: " I don't think Bill ever betrayed Sookie at all. Bill really fell in love with Sookie. I think he kept quiet for severeal reasons. Not to uspset Sookie, not to have the Queen pissed at him for rea..."

That's an interesting point. Bill's relationship with Sookie is sort of like the classic "bet/makeover" twist on the love story:

1. Boy with ulterior motives pursues girl for the wrong reason
2. Boy falls in love with girl for the right reason and girl falls in love with boy, not knowing anything of boy's original plan
3. Boy makes a minor mistake which leads girl to discover boy's original plan and leave boy in dramatic fashion
4. Through grand gesture, boy makes amends with girl
5. Boy and girl live happily ever after.

As I understand the backstory, Hadley tells Sophie-Anne about her cousin in Bon Temps. Bill is already planning to return to Bon Temps to reclaim his family home because (as far as he knows) his last remaining descendant has died. The Queen knows about Bill because all vampires entering her domain would want to check in with the area sheriff, if not the Queen herself. So, she summons him and gives him the task of getting close to Sookie; it's not as though he's in a position to decline.

So, Bill's return to Bon Temps is not entirely due to the Queen's request. Now I know this is cheesy, but it's almost like love at first sight for Bill and Sookie; at the very least, it's lust at first sight. I do believe that they grow to genuinely love each other before everything starts to fall apart.

The difference here is that Bill makes mistakes that effectively end his relationship with Sookie long before she finds out about his original motivation for getting to know her. However, if there were any possibility that Bill and Sookie would get back together, that possibility is gone at the moment she discovers the truth.

Is it gone forever? Who knows? They could still get back together, even if it would be somewhat predictable and formulaic. Right now, in the books I'm rooting for Eric, but that's probably because Sookie's giving her relationship with Eric a chance; if she changes her mind, I probably will, too.

I think it would be best if the series never ends, but if it must, it should end the way Club Dead ended: with Sookie rescinding both Bill's and Eric's invitations to her home and closing the door in their faces. That's what I call happily ever after! :-)

BTW, this is totally off-topic, but I read a couple of good reviews for a book while I was at work today, and it looked like something you might enjoy:

The Inheritance of Rome Illuminating the Dark Ages, 400-1000 by Chris Wickham The Inheritance of Rome: Illuminating the Dark Ages, 400-1000 by Chris Wickham

message 26: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Sarah, I could definitely see a door slamming ending, with Sookie putting all of it behind her in some way. It's quite likely, especially since Harris has said she'll give us an ending that makes sense for the real world, rather than an HEA neatly tied up in a bow.

Cassidy, do you remember what way exactly she was asked to play it? As in the descriptor she used? I'm wondering what word could be used to describe her flat performance in a desirable way...was she asked to be terminally detached? And you're so right, the rest of the actors just ARE the characters. Watching her pulls me right out of my TB trance. Especially when she starts curling her lip to go with the head tilts and chin juts.

message 27: by Shannon (last edited Aug 25, 2009 01:29AM) (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) Man, every time I see what Maryanne has done to Sookie's house, I'm like, nooooo, what are you doing to Sookie's house?!? That's Sookie's house! She loves that house so much in the books it just kills me to see it defiled!

It's sad that Anna is kind of the weak link in the show. I think we miss out on a lot because we don't get to be inside Sookie's head, she'd be a much deeper character than she is now. If you took that out of the books too I think she'd be as one-dimensional as she is in the show.

And the way they've split off from the books so much now I'm kind of treating this like a brand new story and not just a retelling. That way at least I don't go crazy getting angry that they're not following things right. To me it's just a new story with characters I love.

Also, I have to say I didn't really like Jason in the first season but I'm absolutely loving him in this one. He's been so hilarious and has some of the best one-liners of anyone.

Oh, and when Bill was walking up to meet with the Queen I said, ooh yes, Sophie! I love her. I really really hope they get her right.

message 28: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) Michelle M. wrote: "I'm wondering what word could be used to describe her flat performance in a desirable way...was she asked to be terminally detached? And you're so right, the rest of the actors just ARE the characters. Watching her pulls me right out of my TB trance. Especially when she starts curling her lip to go with the head tilts and chin juts."

Aww ... I like Anna. But you made me laugh.

message 29: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) I don't remember the exact wording, and I've been trying to find the interview for half an hour...ugh. But she now describes Sookie as needing to be strong and smart but also very naive and sheltered. She has to have over the top enthusiasm for all things new and exciting even at times when the normal reaction would be fear. And because of these and her ability she's an uncommon person that sticks out in Bon Temps, people think she's weird and stupid. I think it's this enthusiasm that comes off air-headed and dumb. Plus, a lot of it is written into the books that she draws from, Harris wrote her this way.
I get why the make her this way, she has to come off as really different from everyone else in every aspect. If she acted more like the other characters we would think it was weird and off how they treat her.

message 30: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Sorry, Cassidy! Didn't mean to send you on a big search!

I get the way the character was in the books and how they're trying to bring that across. I just think they're doing an extremely poor job of it! Even in the books, Sookie acts like a much more normal person around the vamps because they're quiet. TV Sookie just seems vapid and random all the time. But Anna's performance...I don't get naïve, I don't get enthusiastic, I certainly don't get strong or smart. I see flat affect with occassional tourette's moments. Sigh. I shall end my rant. It was just that her performance this week really brought it all home. She didn't even look like she cared much about the house as she entered it!

message 31: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) Seriously! I would have been freaking out if I came home to that! It seems like she should have been more upset, freaked and scared in this eps...but she was totally calm. I see strong, naive, not always the brightest, and enthusiastic. She fights for Bill and isn't scared to get in vamps faces when she's ticked off. Naive is thinking vamps will be her friends right away, like walking in a room " Hi Y'all!" and not getting the "I want to eat you" vibe. lol And everything is exciting to her with that big dopey grin on her face, makes me laugh every time.

I don't know, I like Anna and Sookie makes me laugh. It has moments that really bug me and most the time I'm just to busy drooling over Eric to notice. lol She has really funny delivery, my favorite of all time is "Bill, that's just rude." I say that all the time now and I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing it but I love it.

message 32: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Cassidy wrote: "Hey Michielle M. :) In an interview with Anna she said she was asked to play the part that way. It really annoys me at times, like she's the only one acting and the rest of the cast just "are" thes..."

She reminds me of a Jr high girl trying way to hard to be older. Too much sass and nothing to back it up with. If thats the case, brilliant. I cant wait to see what changes that will bring.

message 33: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I find her entertaining when she gets really riled up. There SHOULD be lots of that in the next two episodes. In the preview when she's in the car with Lafayette, his face is priceless. Sheer terror and trepidation!

Did anyone catch in the preview that bullets are flying and Kevin puts a gun to Jason's head?

message 34: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I can see where Cassidy is coming from. I (in the minority, I know!) like Anna as Sookie. She does seem crazily enthusiastic about things that would have others trembling in fear. The more calm, everyday issues seem to have her "flat". I think that's even more apparent when she is dealing with the Vamps. I contribute that to her being unable to "hear" their thoughts or intentions. She has spent her life trying to hide it, but being unable to supress feelings caused by people's secret thoughts. We know how awful those can be, so even though it's not exactly safe in a roomful of Vamps, SHE feels safe. She can't "hear" that they want to feed from her, so it doesn't enter her mind.

Having said that, I hope she develops a little more emotional range soon. Maybe they should have had a voiceover of Sookie's thoughts from the beginning, we would have immediately seen and fallen in love with OUR Sookie from the books.

message 35: by Allison (new)

Allison (helloarkansas) | 158 comments Michelle M. wrote: "But I have to say it. It was never clearer to me than in this episode: Anna cannot act. She is too flat. When she's not flat, she's whiny. She cannot carry off "concerned" without seeming infinitely stupid and detached. In the scene where she's telling Jason to be careful, and after she got through to Tara, she was saying words, but not conveying the emotions. Everyone else is doing a great job at bringing the terror, fear, frustration and exultation to life. Anna is phoning it in. . She seems to think head tilts equal emotion. She is incapable of projecting depth."

Hallelujah.

message 36: by Theresa (last edited Aug 25, 2009 08:45AM) (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) My poor husband... when the show started with the dream sequence, my husband turned to me and asked (with a disgusted look on his face): "What is this garbage? Is this turning in to a chick-show?"

I explained that the "triangle" and later, Sookie's other guys (Alcide, Quinn, sort-of Calvin) are a big part of the book series. But that there is always a mystery or a problem that has to be taken care of.

Greg is of the mind that if this turns out to be a show primarily about Sookie and her men that he isn't interested. I wonder if other people that haven't followed the books are turned off by the blossoming love triangle?

Overall, I was kind of disappointed in this episode. I know they are leading up to the big season finale, but not much really seemed to happen.

We both loved the Jason as God thing. That was awesome. "SMITE ME!"

message 37: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Cassidy wrote: "Great eps. but it ended 15 minutes early! What is that about!?"

We wondered about that too! We felt ripped off that it ended so early. If we have to pay to watch the show, we should get at least 55 minutes of show!

message 38: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Cary wrote: " Right Bill is going to betray Sookie. I highly doubt that. I rather more think that Sookie will betray Bill. She already has in her thoughts. Obviously Bill knows the Queen for some reason or anot..."

You can't control what you dream about... Sookie didn't betray him by dreaming about Eric. If she had gone after Eric and started making out with him in real life like she did in the dream, yes, that would be betrayal because she made the decision to do that.

message 39: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Ok I can live with that interpretation Theresa. Thanks Sarah for the tip on Roman history. I so love Roman and Egyptian history, ancient Meso American history Nahuatl and Mayan I totally get of on as well.

message 40: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments Cary wrote: " I don't think Bill ever betrayed Sookie at all. Bill really fell in love with Sookie. I think he kept quiet for severeal reasons. Not to uspset Sookie, not to have the Queen pissed at him for rea..." Bill totally betrayed Sookie and to make matters worse he paraded TWO women in her face when all was said and done. I think there will be a twist spoilers aren't always what they seem. I think Eric ALWAYS considers Sookies feelings.

message 41: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Josiehaustin wrote: "Bill totally betrayed Sookie and to make matters worse he paraded TWO women in her face..."

That actually never bothered me when I was reading the books. I don't have a photographic memory like a lot of people in this group so I might be remembering this wrong, but I got the impression that Bill might have been doing that to make Sookie jealous. If she got jealous, she might realize she still had feelings for him and she'd go back to him. It wasn't a bad plan on Bill's part if that is why he did it.

--
On a side note, there is a little article about the show here.

message 42: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Theresa, he certainly did do it to make her jealous. He refused to take his new girlfriend Selah anywhere but Merlotte's so that Sookie would have to see him. Boo, games.

message 43: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I was just able to watch the episode today and I have to say I loved it! Very sad that there are only 2 more left tho!:( But I loved Jason going all Rambo, he and Sam and Andy were hysterical! And Lafayette of course had one of the funniest lines of the episode! And LOVED the opening dream sequence.... Going to be interesting to see how they play all this out with only 2 episodes left... have a feeling they are going to leave us with a GIANT cliff hanger....

message 44: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I think everyone is loving Rambo Jason.

Now, how to keep him in that mode for next season...

Has anyone commented on the college chica who came to buy V? Firstly, Lafayette's dismissal of her, complete with hand gesture, was golden. Secondly, the fact that Bill got all up in his face, yet calmly accepted that Eric could be behind it...interesting.

I wonder where they'll take the V-dealing now that they've laid the groundwork? Is it to make money? Is it to flush out drainers and major buyers? I'm anxious to see what they make out of it.

message 45: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Josiehaustin wrote: "Cary wrote: " I don't think Bill ever betrayed Sookie at all. Bill really fell in love with Sookie. I think he kept quiet for severeal reasons. Not to uspset Sookie, not to have the Queen pissed a..." Man the Queen could have had Bill executed for revealing his mission.

message 46: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments Cassidy wrote: "I don't remember the exact wording, and I've been trying to find the interview for half an hour...ugh. But she now describes Sookie as needing to be strong and smart but also very naive and shelter..."

she def has the stupid part NAILED.

message 47: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Well Sookie is not a rokit scientist. But she has her moments.

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Anna cannot act. She is too flat. When she's not flat, she's whiny. She cannot carry off "concerned" without seeming infinitely stupid and detached. In the scene where she's telling Jason to be careful, and after she got through to Tara, she was saying words, but not conveying the emotions. Everyone else is doing a great job at bringing the terror, fear, frustration and exultation to life. Anna is phoning it in. . She seems to think head tilts equal emotion. She is incapable of projecting depth."

I didn't get that from her performance in this episode. She may have seemed detached, but I assumed it was because Sookie's supposed to be in a state of shock. Then, when Anna's acting in the emotional moments seemed subdued, I felt like Sookie was just trying to keep it together - like under the surface, she's completely freaking out. I mean, look at what she came home to! Someone has to try to keep a cool head. Honestly, I think you're right that it wasn't her best work, but I don't think she's a bad actress. For me, understated acting beats overacting in dramatic roles every time.

message 49: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Anna Paquin is an award winning actress. You bet your ass she can act.

message 50: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I definitely prefer understated too, Sarah. And I know other people like the portrayal, but it's lacking something for me, particularly in that episode, so I just felt the need to rant! I hear you on the "freaking out under the surface," but I wasn't feelin' that myself.

« previous 1