Fearfully and Wonderfully Made discussion

Favorite Bible verse and Why

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments Hi! I would like to know everyones favorite Bible verse(s) aand Why.
One of my favorite bible verses are Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."
I think with all this uncertanty in our day and age and with all of the rediculous things which are going on with our government, we really need to remember that God is in control and no matter what happens in the world, God will direct us in the right way to go.

message 2: by Ashly (new)

Ashly | 1 comments Mine is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bessfedor) | 5 comments Mine is (currently) Job 1:21
'Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.'

I think that this is the ultimate statement of faith and surrender. All hope of the future and all regret for the past Job gives to God in this statement, never blaming God, always praising "Blessed be the name of the Lord."

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Blake | 1 comments Kathryn wrote: "Hi! I would like to know everyones favorite Bible verse(s) aand Why.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understan..."

This is one of my favorites, too.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments Mine is (currently) Job 1:21
'Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.'

I think that this is the ultimate statement of faith and surrender. All hope of the future and all regret for the past Job gives to God in this statement, never blaming God, always praising "Blessed be the name of the Lord."

That is a good verse. I like it a lot to. Job always reminds me that God is in control no matter how far away we feel like he is. Also, I always need to remember to not get dicouraged or get angry at God for not saving people when I feel like they should be saved. God decided that he wanted me and who am I to tell God who he wants with him in heaven? He's not obligated to save any of us.
Sorry, I go on rants sometimes. One of my best friends is drifting away from God and I feel really depressed about it.

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 7 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Hi! I would like to know everyones favorite Bible verse(s) aand Why.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thi..."

A few years ago I was reading a Heartsong romance book. This verse was in it and it really spoke to me.

message 7: by Cammie (last edited Nov 16, 2009 03:52PM) (new)

Cammie I've always liked Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Those are some I've always liked.

message 8: by Kingdom (new)

Kingdom (kingdomexpansion) | 5 comments I so enjoyed reading all the above posts. There are so many wonderful verses within scripture, that I wouldn't know which one to list as a favorite. However, I was so blessed by the above. Thanks to everyone of sharing them.

message 9: by Sharon (last edited Mar 19, 2010 09:03AM) (new)

Sharon Ellis | 2 comments "Come ye little children and drink these waters, faithfully have peace, and greatly have tolerance, and holy have deliverance,
and with this I think I like Ephesians 5:6-11.; Jesus"
Christ God just wrote that above sentence by Spirit. I don't know what that scripture will be, so I'll go look it up now and see why God wants that posted here in this spot?

"Let no-one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of the light, (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.
Have nothing to do with fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

God told my by His Spirit to write this particular Bible scripture here at this time, after an email just came to me with the latest post from Smitty, here on favorite Bible verses and why... and He told me to write this now, too, that I am writing. So, this entire post is from God, for His Kingdom purpose.
God is amazing.

God will not be twarted and finds Himself where ever He wishes to be. and Amen to His amazing holy Spirit.

http://www.kingdom-of-god-in-earth.bl...

message 10: by Kingdom (new)

Kingdom (kingdomexpansion) | 5 comments Amen to that. Amen to His Amazing Holy Spirit.

Praise and Glory be unto the Most High God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. The Everlasting Father and Father of lights, who sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross at Calvary, He who shed His precious blood for the sins of the world.

Praise and Glory be unto God, the Rock of our Salvation, for we have been purchased with a great price and belong to God who holds us in the palm of His hands.

Praise and Glory be unto God, he who is seated on the Throne of Glory, who gives us right to come boldly before a Throne of Grace.

Praise and Glory be unto God, the Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace, Almighty God.

For worthy is He, the Lamb seated on the Throne, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who was, and is and is to come. Honor, Glory and Praise be unto the King.

Psalm 103:1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.