Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Jessica's June 2009 - June 2010 Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica Stern (new)

Jessica Stern OK, I am starting a bit late in the year, so I'm going to just do a 365-day count rather than try to do this by the end of 2009. I am starting with June 1 and going to June 1, 2010 since I have been reading a lot the last few months and the reason I want to do this is to keep the motivation going. So, not counting crummy books I've started and not finished, here is my list since June 1. Cross fingers for me! 41 more books to go in 9 months.

1 - Bitter is the New Black Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office
2 - The Uncommon Reader A Novella
3 - The Graveyard Book
4 - Gone With The Wind (this should count as 5 books, oy - but I do love it)
5 - The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid A Memoir
6 - Julie and Julia 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen
7 - My Life on a Plate
8 - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
9 - The Penny Pinchers Club

message 4: by Jessica Stern (new)

Jessica Stern 12 - A Supremely Bad Idea Three Mad Birders and Their Quest to See It All

Finally! I liked it but it took forever to read.

message 11: by Julie (last edited Nov 24, 2009 08:06AM) (new)

Julie Giesbrecht (juliegie) | 2 comments OK - I thought this would be a good group to join - and I too will be attempting to read 50 books by next Nov - I'm sure that won't be a problem.... I do love to read. I've put The Concubine's Children on hold as I have a plethera of books from the library, and I own that one. So I have read:

1. A Reliable Wife - Goolrick - Nov 22/09
2. Reading - The girl who played with fire.

message 12: by Jessica Stern (new)

Jessica Stern 19 - Creepy Susie and 13 other tragic tales for troubled children Creepy Susie and 13 other tragic tales for troubled children. by Angus Oblong

message 13: by Jessica Stern (new)

Jessica Stern Look at that - you can add little pictures to your posts. Love it.

message 17: by Jessica Stern (new)

Jessica Stern 24 - I'm Down