What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Girl with a dragon's tail

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments This was a picture book I had when I was 4 or 5, about a little girl who is born with a dragon tail. She likes her tail but wants to give it back to the dragon who was born missing it.

message 2: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments By jeschke, Susan.

Firerose.

New York: Holt, Rinehart, 1974.

Zora, a fortuneteller with a talking cat, finds a baby girl with a dragon tail on her doorstep. Firerose needs help feeling happy with her tail and then without it. Even though Firerose saves Zora from a shark with her tail and fire, she isn't allowed in school. They travel to Dragon City and give the tail to a dragon born without one, so Firerose can go on with life as a person. Realistic black and white drawings throughout.

message 3: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments That sounds right -- I do remember a scene with swimming. I thought mine was in color, though... I'll have to find a copy to be sure. Thanks!

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Miriam, I hope that's it. Please let us know. Thanks Michelle.

message 5: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments My library doesn't have it, so I think for now I better assume that is the right book. I'll move it to solved until I can locate the book.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Firerose for the link. Miriam, did that turn out to be your book?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Etsy has some images, including the cover without dustjacket.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/11742290...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Firerose (other topics)