You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > May 2019 - Books Announced

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18116 comments For May's group reads, we will be reading and discussing Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, nominated by Saar, and News of the World by Paulette Jiles, nominated y Marnie.

message 2: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18116 comments @Saar and Marnie - are you able to lead the discussion for the book you nominated?

Saar The Book owl | 1638 comments @Sarah: no problem. I'm looking forward to it :)

message 4: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (triciareadsitall) | 814 comments These both look really good. Which to choose?

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47174 comments I've read Burial Rites so I think I'll read News of the World. It's available at the library.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9174 comments I read both. I loved BR, and enjoyed NotW. I hope to remember enough to stop by the threads next month.

message 7: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 12946 comments I'm also interested in both books. I'm going to start with Burial Rites, but I may also read News of the World if I have time.

message 8: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) | 1994 comments I am happy to lead the discussion. My library has it so I’m all set there.

message 9: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) | 1994 comments Burial Rites is a great read! I’ll stop by that discussion as well. Enjoy.

message 10: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18116 comments Thanks Saar and Marnie.

When I post the thread for Burial Rites at the beginning of the month i'll place a link in there to the group read discusdion we had a few years back so people can have a read through.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Burial Rites (other topics)
News of the World (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Paulette Jiles (other topics)
Hannah Kent (other topics)