Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Shankar Koirala
This topic is about Shankar Koirala
21 views
Book Cover Help > Please Replace Cover

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Please replace cover of a book

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Cover taken from the book I own

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...


message 2: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Bivek wrote: "Please replace cover of a book

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Cover taken from the book I own

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/......"


Does this book have an ISBN?


message 3: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Neil wrote: "Bivek wrote: "Please replace cover of a book

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Cover taken from the book I own

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user..."


This is very old book. This book doesnot have ISBN.


message 4: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Not sure if I should create an alternative cover version or replace image? I think it's just a better resolution on the image


message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments Neil wrote: "Not sure if I should create an alternative cover version or replace image? I think it's just a better resolution on the image"

If the cover is from a valid source (like a scan of a user's copy) then we can replace the one of lower quality. Just make a note in the change comment of the source and why you are replacing it.


message 6: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Emily wrote: "Neil wrote: "Not sure if I should create an alternative cover version or replace image? I think it's just a better resolution on the image"

If the cover is from a valid source (like a scan of a us..."


I took the photo of the book cover from my mobile.


message 7: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Updated image as per above


message 8: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Neil wrote: "Updated image as per above"

Thank You.


message 9: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Please do this also

Please replace cover of a book

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Cover taken from the book I own

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...


message 10: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Bivek wrote: "Please do this also

Please replace cover of a book

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Cover taken from the book I own

I will do but please raise a new thread in future for a new request

https://www.goodreads.com..."



message 11: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments #9 done


message 12: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Neil wrote: "#9 done"

Thank You.

Please add
Number of Pages : 70


message 13: by Neil (new)

Neil Powell (el_gringo) | 458 comments Bivek wrote: "Neil wrote: "#9 done"

Thank You.

Please add
Number of Pages : 70"


New thread in the page numbering discussion please

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...


message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13538 comments The best thing to do for books needing multiple edits is to create a single thread for each book in the Book Issues folder. That way it is all covered in one thread.

Sometimes librarians will notice changes that need to be made while editing something and will go ahead and do it, so posting one edit per folder for the same book just ends up being more of a hassle for the poster and the librarians.


message 15: by Bivek (new)

Bivek Bhandari | 737 comments Thank You. I forgot to request to add page number before.


back to top