Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Tokyo Green
This topic is about Tokyo Green
Book Cover Help > Question about book covers and combining editions

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.D. (last edited Apr 23, 2019 08:35PM) (new) - added it

C.D. (chriswight) | 4 comments Heyo! If the Kindle and Paperback editions of my book have different covers and I combine them, which cover will I retain? My desired outcome of the Combine would be to use the Paperback version of the cover, as the Kindle version (as seen in the above thumbnail) was a temporary job I had created in the short interim before the official cover went live. It got snatched up by GR quicker than I thought it would.

Before I combine, is there a better way of accomplishing what I want to do? Like for example requesting a cover change first for the Kindle edition, or creating a new cover edition?

Both editions are new, so neither has been purchased, read, reviewed, shelved, etc.

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

CW

Tokyo Green: A Novel (Paperback)
Published April 18th 2019
ISBN: 1095141821 (ISBN13: 9781095141823)

Tokyo Green: A Novel (Kindle)
Published March 31st 2019
ASIN: B07Q4QCG7L

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42434 comments Mod
C.D. wrote: "Heyo! If the Kindle and Paperback editions of my book have different covers and I combine them, which cover will I retain?"

Both of them. Combining does not delete any editions; it just links them into a single work. By the way, the two editions already are combined: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

If you mean which one will show up on your author profile, that's a question of which edition has been shelved more times. However, as the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by C.D. (last edited Apr 24, 2019 01:23AM) (new) - added it

C.D. (chriswight) | 4 comments Okay, I made the edition with the correct cover Default, as suggested, and confirmed it's the one that comes up in search. So going forward the bad cover shouldn't rear its ugly head.

As for what shows up on my profile, I'm fine with whatever. This change is to alleviate confusion for the reader, not for me.

Thanks for the help!!
CW