our own little world discussion

getting started > introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eve (last edited Apr 24, 2019 02:39PM) (new)

Eve (arweneve) | 4 comments GRACE!! This is a brilliant idea! I'm so excited to be here.

Name: Eve :)
Pronouns: She/her
Current wip: This project is kinda on hold, but I've been writing a short story having to do with a puzzle piece...that's all I shall say for now!
Current Favorites: Harry Potter (book), All But My Life (book), The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (tv), Taylor Swift (artist), George Ezra (artist), La La Land (film), Emma Chamberlain (youtube)
Other Tidbits: I love the arts in all forms! I love visual arts (painting, drawing, photography, etc), theatre, and choir.

message 2: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve (rainylavender) | 3 comments Hi! I've never used a goodreads group before so I hope I'm doing this alright!

My name is Geni

My pronouns are she/her

I'm 18 years old and have graduated high school, I'm currently working before heading off to college where I will be majoring in psychology :)

I'm currently working on a short story based on a Lithuanian mythological creature called the Lauma.

My favorites at the moment are the Percy Jackson books which I've been rereading, Game of Thrones (tv), Stuck in Love (film), Howl's Moving Castle (film), Oh Wonder (band), Welcome to Nightvale (podcast), Spirits (podcast), and Potterless (podcast).

For other tidbits uh, well I've been writing since as long as I can remember and I really love pasta, sharks, and cats!

message 3: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve (rainylavender) | 3 comments It's great to be here!

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie_the_book_slayer) | 2 comments I've never joined a Goodreads group before and I'm still relatively new to Goodreads, so I'll be learning as I go if that's all right!

preferred name/nickname: Maggie

preferred pronouns: She/her

one-sentence rundown of your current wip (if you have one): I have so many! I'm currently bouncing back and forth between an Alice in Wonderland type story, a slice of life type story set in the late 1800's/early 1900s, and a fantasy series which I am hoping will be something like J.R.R Tolkien, C.S Lewis, and Eragon series level type fantasy.

current favorites (books, podcasts, shows, bands, etc):
Books: The Fairy Tale Retold series by Regina Doman, Eragon series, Harry Potter, Howl's Moving Castle, the Lunar Chronicles, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, anything Ted Dekker, and The Day Boy and the Night Girl by George MacDonald.

Movies: Howl's Moving Castle (or anything Studio Ghibli for that matter), Harry Potter, Tim Burton movies, Penelope, Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit trilogy, Narnia movies (though the first is my favorite), Spider Man movies, Marvel Movies, Star Wars, and Christopher Robin.

Shows: Monk, Psych, Dr. Who (Seasons 1-6ish), the Andy Griffith Show, and the Cosby Show (I probably have more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I don't watch a whole lot of TV).

Bands: RED, Flyleaf, Lacey Sturm, Zahna, Oh Sleeper, Tenth Avenue North, Wage War, Third Day, Decyfer Down, Demon Hunter, Skillet, Disciple, and I like cello and piano music as well.

other tidbits: I love the rain (the sun and I are not friends haha). My Hogwarts House is Hufflepuff, and I think Hufflepuffs rock despite what anyone says ;). I love photography and gaming (Legend of Zelda forever!), and of course reading and writing are my favorites. I've been writing for 10+ years and hope I never stop! I'm also currently a student at a community college, so I apologize in advance if I'm not terribly active. I love animals, especially dogs and cats, but I love them all really even snakes and other reptiles. I hope one day to travel, at least a little, and two of my biggest travel dreams are to visit Ireland and New Zealand. :)

message 5: by Ayballin (new)

Ayballin Crow | 6 comments preferred name/nickname- I go by " Ayballin" ... pronounced like "Ay Ball In (the house) "
preferred pronouns- She/ Her
one-sentence rundown of your current wip (if you have one)- I'm working on a novel (no known genre) about an idea of Dejavu being an entity... I look forward to any critiques I can get!
current favorites (books, podcasts, shows, bands, etc) I love the InkHeart series, Divergent series... I read mostly Young Adult.
other tidbits- I'm a Wife, Mother of two, and an Aspiring Author!

message 6: by Acire (new)

Acire | 1 comments preferred name/nickname: Acire
preferred pronouns: She/Her
one-sentence rundown of your current wip (if you have one): A collection of poetry
current favorites (books, podcasts, shows, bands, etc): The Water Beatles by Michael Kaan; Mr. Robot; listening to Gary Vee to get hyped about my work process
other tidbits: Absolutely enjoy experimenting with various art mediums but creative writing is my baby :))

message 7: by owletkind (new)

owletkind Hi! I'm very new when it comes to groups, but this one seems cute :)

preferred name/nickname: Amanda (but Lee works just as fine)
preferred pronouns: She/Her
one-sentence rundown of your current wip (if you have one): Girl thinks she finds love in the beauty she met in the drive-through but realizes that beauty is not fully as interested in her as she had hoped – dealing with depression, a job she hates and hanging out with a grungy group of friends (almost finished, just editing left!)
current favorites (books, podcasts, shows, bands, etc):
Die Verratenen series (Ursula Poznanski) which doesn’t seem to have an English translation..? Other than that; Raven Cycle (Maggie Stiefvater). When it comes to podcasts, shows and bands I’m a mess so it’s easier not trying to mention all of them heh.
other tidbits: I’m from Sweden so I speak Swedish (lol). I like Pokémon, tattoos, games, cats, birds and plants. And reading (and writing) of course. ♡

message 8: by Liam (new)

Liam Kelk (liamkelk) preferred name/nickname - Liam
preferred pronouns - He/Him

one-sentence rundown of your current WIP (if you have one) - Sci-fi, inventor of new robots stuck on Pluto whilst the rest of humanity have settled on a new planet.

current favourite books - White light by Rudy Rucker, Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Favourite films - Back to the Future, Star Wars, Avatar, WALL-E

Favourite TV shows - The Inbetweeners, Game of Thrones

Favourite Bands - Gorrilaz, Oasis, Def Leppard

other tidbits - very much looking forward to reading your work!