Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers discussion

49 views

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments How are you finding this month's read?


message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments I just finished! I love a fast paced YA read. I was worried before hand I wouldn't like this one because I'd read a review calling it hypocritical but I didn't feel that at all. I thought the main character genuinely confused at a time when she had plenty of reason to be so. So many changes in her life...


message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill | 1 comments It is a cute book and a pretty fast read!


message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (cupcakemom) | 14 comments I truly like this book! It took me back to my youth in Texas where I grew up and I recalled all the tribulation of growing up and relationships. I have been waiting to get the sequel from the library. It is a feel good book!


message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments I actually just watched the movie and thought the setting, music and casting was good... although they missed so much out it felt a little lacking. A bit sanitized. If you see it you'll have to let us know if the setting rings true.

Small town Texas felt like an integral part of the novel. Do you think it would have worked if it was set somewhere else?


message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (cupcakemom) | 14 comments I’m not sure! Texas is all about pageants and how they consume small towns and the girls that live in them. However, pageants are everywhere; but Texas is know for Pageants, Big Hair and Big Bows!


message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine | 5 comments I really enjoyed the book. I had watched the movie on Netflix a few months ago. I actually thought the movie was better than the book. The movie expanding on the transgender characters really added to the story line. The teenage years are so difficult and this book really looked at these years from different perspectives.


message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments Angela wrote: "I’m not sure! Texas is all about pageants and how they consume small towns and the girls that live in them. However, pageants are everywhere; but Texas is know for Pageants, Big Hair and Big Bows!"

I grew up in the UK. The pageant scene was all new to me! It was certainly an interesting concept in a modern story...


message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments Christine wrote: "I really enjoyed the book. I had watched the movie on Netflix a few months ago. I actually thought the movie was better than the book. The movie expanding on the transgender characters really added..."

They were great characters to have expanded upon.


message 10: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 7 comments I am loving this YA book. Am almost finished and just don't want it to end. The easy writing kept it moving for me and sometimes that's just what you need. The pageant type show doesn't necessarily appeal to me in real life, but I enjoyed routing for dumplin' regardless. I may try the movie.


message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments Leslie wrote: "I am loving this YA book. Am almost finished and just don't want it to end. The easy writing kept it moving for me and sometimes that's just what you need. The pageant type show doesn't necessarily..."

The good news is that there's a sequel! All our favorite character's are back!


back to top